Perfect image solutions

franky123

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you guys know that they have shut them down as well.... I was actually getting results with them. This really blows.

I asked them what happened, this was they're reply
Dear Customer,

Perfect Image Solutions, LLC, is no longer open for business and we will no longer be selling products in our product line. These products include:

· Men's Minoxidil 15% Azelaic 5% Hair regrowth topical, 60mL.
· Men's Minoxidil 10% Azelaic 5% Hair regrowth topical, 60mL.
· Men's Minoxidil 5% Azelaic 5% Hair regrowth topical, 60mL.
· Women's Minoxidil 3% Azelaic 5% Hair regrowth topical, 60mL.
· Hair regrowth shampoo enhanced with Ketoconazole and salicylic acid, 180mL.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and thank you for your past patronage.

Sincerely,
Perfect Image Solutions, LLC

I later asked why?

The products are considered illegal to sell according to fda, and we are no longer able to provide them. I would dispose of anything you currently have on hand. Very sorry to tell you this.

franky123

Reaction score
I know. I am wondering if anyone has they're number (mmax) to see if they can contact them somehow. I don't wanna start a new product to then see it get pulled from the market a week later. I'll see if they reply to my email.
I really don't understand this.

I think xandrox got pulled recently for the same reason. This doesn't really makes sense sicnce i see other 15% minoxidil solutions on amazon still, but they look too shady.

Nene

Reaction score
Looks like all minoxidil other than rogaine and generic minoxidil will soon be off the market. I would stock up on minoxidil with dosages higher than 5% now if I used any.

franky123

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing that, but whats the point? Once you run out within a few months, what are you gonna do?

Im researching if maybe spectral dnc would be a good sub, since its only 5%...
Getting mixed reviews online so far, but i place little emphasis on that, since i consider 95% to be useless.

Or maybe someone knows a pharmacist that can compound higher minoxidil, anyone know of any in the LA area?

Xandroxuser

Established Member
Reaction score
franky123 said:
I was thinking of doing that, but whats the point? Once you run out within a few months, what are you gonna do?

Im researching if maybe spectral dnc would be a good sub, since its only 5%...
Getting mixed reviews online so far, but i place little emphasis on that, since i consider 95% to be useless.

Or maybe someone knows a pharmacist that can compound higher minoxidil, anyone know of any in the LA area?

Does anyone know if and when the FDA ever give a reason for pulling such products/suppliers? I guess three major reasons are:
1. Suppliers not authorised to do so selling a prescription drug - ? e.g. finasteride, retin-A
2. Suppliers making unjustified claims about the effectiveness of their product.
3. Unauthorised suppliers supplying 'medications'/health supplements, etc. thought to cause harm.

Is there any possibility of being told the alleged 'reason' or 'reasons', in a specific way? If 3, are we ever going to be told which products are 'thought to cause harm'?

What then about the possibility of banning such products/constituents for particular uses?

I think consumers need to be told these things. I am a non-USA person, so I might be being hopelessly naive!!

My reading of the post for things like spectral dnc, is that the formulas regularly and periodically change and then devotees of one formulation are in a perpetual state of concern about changes which allegedly are not as effective.

franky123

Reaction score
Its all about money, in my opinion.

But they shut them down because there's no clinical studies done to prove its safety, specially over the long term at these concetrations. All i know is that it worked for me, there was a noticeable difference.

Its not 1, since they never sold prescription drugs, except for xandrox, which had finasteride. That was pretty stupid, since the Doctor selling it can get his license revoked. I personally would never do that, and every physician that i know knows better. Retinol is OTC

its not 2, because im sure they had a disclaimer on there, well if they were smart they would. I know MMAx has one, i don't know about PIS since their website it out.

3 is too vague.

I personally have no experience in terms of the legal aspect of this. I do have a degree in Biochemistry. I went to med school for one year, then changed to pharmacy, planning on specializing on pharmacology ( Im not getting into why). Im not a pharm yet, but I've worked in a lab and pharmacy, and I can tell you that there will always be quality control issues. . I guarantee you that even Rogaine minoxidil will not have the exact same concentration( although the degree of error is very small) for every bottle them make.
I read a post made by the DR who makes XANDROX. He talked about how California's weather was an issue in making consistent batches. Its in another post. Well thats just alot of crap. If you got the right equipment, the right people, that shouldn't be a huge factor, even if it can't be automated. Your cost will be higher, and you will have a lower margin of profit, but i don't buy that. I think they got shut down for the exact same reason. The timing of it really gave it away. Yes every batch won't be the same, but your not mixing this stuff in the middle of the desert for christ sake. Its called a controlled lab setting.

I digress, but it brings me back to my main point. Anyone know of compounding pharmacies that can make higher concentrations( please no china or foreign countries). Or maybe any users who had better luck with Spectrals claims?

franky123

Reaction score
These are other companies besides MMAX who are still selling it.

PHP
http://www.amazon.com/PROPYLENE-GLYCOL- ... Descending

and Ideal Image solutions
http://www.amazon.com/NEW-Minoxidil-Aze ... Descending

If you click on the Ideal solutions link, and scroll down to the reviews section, it looks like one guy called them out and reported them to the FDA for criminal investigation.

So im pretty sure they're eventually all gonna get pulled of the market.
Heres the quote for lazy people..

By Tom - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: NEW 15% Minoxidil and 5% Azelaic Acid - PRICE INCLUDES US DOMESTIC. INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AVAILABLE (Misc.)
My email to FDA -----------------------------------

Hi,

I just purchased 15% Minoxidil, 5% Azelaic acid solution from Ideal Image Solutions, LLC on Amazon.com. Unfortunately, I can't find this company or even this concentration of minoxidil in your database. The company does not have a website and is not responding to emails through Amazon. Does the FDA have any record of this company? If not, what does this mean for the integrity and safety of the product? Is this the type of product that is allowed to be sold without going through the FDA?

Thanks,
Tom

FDA's response -------------------------------------

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your message to the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), one of the seven centers within the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

The product is not FDA approved to be marketed in the United States. Therefore we do not have information on the integrity or safety of the product. The maximum concentration of minoxidil in a topical dosage form FDA approved to be marketed is 5% and it is also not approved in combimation with Azelaic acid. You can report the sale of the product by Amazon.com to FDA's Office of Criminal Investigations at the following link: [...]

Sincerely,

Division of Drug Information
D202D

---------------------------------------------------

I reported this to Amazon but they have not removed the product from their page or offered to refund me. Ideal Image Solutions, LLC is not responding. Hopefully my report to the FDA's criminal investigations department will be fruitful.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidilmax.com seems to be removed also.

Index of /

FAQ/
Prod_images/
Scripts/
_derived/
_private/
_vti_cnf/
_vti_pvt/
en/
flash files/
images/
product_html/
Apache Server at minoxidilmax.com Port 80

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
I just received an email from Leslie at Minoxidilmax and she did say they were about to get shut down. Their site is already down, but they have a few products still on Amazon. She said they would sell until they were told to shut it down. She emailed me an invoice for an order, so I should be stocked up for a while until we figure out what to do next.

franky123

Reaction score
Â¥ea, looks like that guy reported these sites to the FDA. Since im not getting any replies about compounding pharmacies, im getting give that spectral a try.

Boomer, i would suggest you do the same. You can stock up, but what are you gonna do in about 6 months when you run out? Go through a whole shed phase and readjust to another solutions again?

I still prefer to find a pharmacy that can make this stuff though. I was getting results myself as well. The other two that i posted look very shady.

Well that really sucks. :thumbdown2:

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought 5 bottles, so that should last me around a year. Hopefully by then something else will be out and well liked by members on here.

It's the damn FDA that is screwing with these companies because they don't have the huge stockpiles of money to go through the research and development and approval processes.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
I realize they are shutting these companies down because of the 10%, 15%, minoxidil + finasteride, minoxidil+ etc.

What if they were only selling 5% minoxidil? It is already approved by the FDA. Would they still have to go through the expensive process to get it approved since it is there own product?

franky123

Reaction score
5% solutions probably won't get shut down. But its anyones guess right now.I would also stock up, but 5 bottles would last me 5 months, not enough time for me. I also don't want to buy 10 bottles, since i don't think minoxidil at these concentration will maintain its potency after a few months.

franky123

Reaction score
someone sent me a message that PHP might really be PIS, but instead they use glycerin as a base. Any members in here have any experience with them?

zen68

Reaction score
franky123 said:
These are other companies besides MMAX who are still selling it.

PHP
http://www.amazon.com/PROPYLENE-GLYCOL- ... Descending

and Ideal Image solutions
http://www.amazon.com/NEW-Minoxidil-Aze ... Descending

If you click on the Ideal solutions link, and scroll down to the reviews section, it looks like one guy called them out and reported them to the FDA for criminal investigation.

So im pretty sure they're eventually all gonna get pulled of the market.
Heres the quote for lazy people..

By Tom - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: NEW 15% Minoxidil and 5% Azelaic Acid - PRICE INCLUDES US DOMESTIC. INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AVAILABLE (Misc.)
My email to FDA -----------------------------------

Hi,

I just purchased 15% Minoxidil, 5% Azelaic acid solution from Ideal Image Solutions, LLC on Amazon.com. Unfortunately, I can't find this company or even this concentration of minoxidil in your database. The company does not have a website and is not responding to emails through Amazon. Does the FDA have any record of this company? If not, what does this mean for the integrity and safety of the product? Is this the type of product that is allowed to be sold without going through the FDA?

Thanks,
Tom

FDA's response -------------------------------------

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your message to the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), one of the seven centers within the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

The product is not FDA approved to be marketed in the United States. Therefore we do not have information on the integrity or safety of the product. The maximum concentration of minoxidil in a topical dosage form FDA approved to be marketed is 5% and it is also not approved in combimation with Azelaic acid. You can report the sale of the product by Amazon.com to FDA's Office of Criminal Investigations at the following link: [...]

Sincerely,

Division of Drug Information
D202D

---------------------------------------------------

I reported this to Amazon but they have not removed the product from their page or offered to refund me. Ideal Image Solutions, LLC is not responding. Hopefully my report to the FDA's criminal investigations department will be fruitful.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

This "Tom" guy REALLY blew it for everybody else. I am so thoroughly disgusted with his actions. When I discovered these products with reduced PG, azelaic acid and the higher concentration of minoxidil - it really got my hopes back up. So far in just a couple of months, I have seen improvement in my hairline for the first time in years. Well, I guess my excitement may be short-lived unless there will be another route to take in order to find these QUALITY versions of these products outside of the US. :puke:

franky123

Reaction score
Still trying to get word about all this. It would be easier if i could still buy it from them than to start all over

delboud

Reaction score
Well this literally ruined my year.... I JUST finished my 3rd bottle and have been having decent results which will all be wasted now I have to go back to that crappy rogaine which did nothing for me at all.

Think its time to consider a hair transplant...

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Assuming you have a few bottles left, there could be the option of mixing regular 5% with the 15% and hoping at worst you could dilute it to around 10% or close to it but how are you meant to know if this approach would work? :dunno:

If this was a possibility, at least it would be better than going back to just the basic 5% and “hopeâ€￾ that in the meantime, another 15% solution hits the market soon.