Peptide thymosin beta 4 promotes hair growth

Letitgrow

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I watched the Joe Rogan podcast he did with dr. Mark Gordon in which they briefly talked about finasteride and hair loss (around 42 minutes and 102 minutes) and dr. Gordon said something about doing studies with using this peptide to grow hair and it is showing promising results on mice. Anyone know anything about this peptide?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thymosin is a hormone secreted from the
thymus. Its primary function is to stimulate
the production of T cells, which are an important part of the immune system. Thymosin also assists in the development of B cells to plasma cells to produce antibodies. The predominant form of Thymosin, Thymosin Beta 4, is a member of a
highly conserved family of acting monomer-
sequestering proteins. In addition to its role as a major actin-sequestering molecule, Thymosin Beta 4 plays a role in tissue repair. Tβ4 has been found to play an important role in protection, regeneration and remodeling of injured or damaged tissues. It has most recently been shown to help regrow hair in addition to PRP.

Letitgrow

My Regimen
Reaction score
the production of T cells, which are an important part of the immune system. Thymosin also assists in the development of B cells to plasma cells to produce antibodies. The predominant form of Thymosin, Thymosin Beta 4, is a member of a
sequestering proteins. In addition to its role as a major actin-sequestering molecule, Thymosin Beta 4 plays a role in tissue repair. Tβ4 has been found to play an important role in protection, regeneration and remodeling of injured or damaged tissues. It has most recently been shown to help regrow hair in addition to PRP.
So it is used with PRP and it does help regrow hair but still those follicles will be sensitive to DHT and basically not that helpful?

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Does it work if used independently of PRP?

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used it for a shoulder injury and can report my hair did get denser, I was not aware that I was suffering hair loss at the time, bear in mind you need to sub-q inject.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Molecular Formula : C212H350N56O78S
Molecular Weight: 4963.506 g/mol
Content & Potency: 3000mcg/ml subcutaneous injection provided in a 5ml vial.
Suggested dosage: Inject 0.25ml (750mcg) subcutaneously daily for 20 days.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone got any links to research involving this peptide? I'm perusing Google Scholar and not getting too much.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used it for a shoulder injury and can report my hair did get denser, I was not aware that I was suffering hair loss at the time, bear in mind you need to sub-q inject.
Oh wow

that’s sounds promising

I’m assuming it must not have been extremely powerful or you would still be on it

baldco

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have been using this over past year for my knee injury. More(darker) body hair and but definitely lost ground on scalp. I would caution anyone with any autoimmune disease to jump onto this peptide.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
That can't replace AA just make existing hair stronger. But then there is minoxidil for that too.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh wow

that’s sounds promising

I’m assuming it must not have been extremely powerful or you would still be on it
Yeah completely anecdotal, at the time it was not a side I was looking for or aware of and put it down to improved diet before later discovering the hair benefits. At the time I was not experiencing AA but had some traction alopecia which it seemed to repair and kick start growth and improved hair density all over, I am unsure if it would be a useful tool for AA but its possible.

I hear you can inject into scalp for localised affect, I was injecting near my shoulder.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before you ask: Thymidine beta 4 or TB-500, there is no difference between the two molecules. The only difference between TB 500 and Thymosin Beta 4 is that the latter is produced by the thymus gland in the body, and the former is produced synthetically in the lab. A bonus point for peptide labs which call it the proper way. However it's the same ...

Thymosin beta 4 (Tβ4 / TB-500) increase hair growth in vitro by accelerating angiogenesis

Tβ4 plays an important role in cell motility [2,3], and has multiple biological activities, such as promoting angiogenesis [4,5], wound healing [4], hair growth [8,9] and anti-apoptosis [10] and more. It has been reported in rats and mice that exogenous Tβ4 plays an important role in wound healing and hair growth [11]. When studying the influence of Tβ4 on wound healing, Philp et al. accidentally found that hair grew more rapidly around the edges of wounds.

It was subsequently shown that Tβ4 induced rapid hair growth on the dorsal skin of athymic mice and depilated regions of rats and mice. Similarly, rat whiskers grown in vitro grow rapidly when treated with Tβ4 [9]. When examining the distribution of endogenous Tβ4 expression during the sequential phases of depilation-induced hair growth, high levels of Tβ4 expression were observed in the developing hair follicles (HFs). Additionally, Tβ4 expression is also high in the developing HFs of mice and clonogenic mice HF keratinocytes cultured in vitro for 7–10 days [9,12]. The generation of Tβ4 transgenic mice confirmed that Tβ4 promotes hair growth [12].

While it is apparent that Tβ4 plays a role in hair growth and its molecular mechanism is unknown. To explore the role of Tβ4 in HF development, we generated mice that overexpress Tβ4 in the epidermis (KTP mice) and Tβ4 global knockout mice (KO mice). Mechanistically, it has been shown that Tβ4 accelerates angiogenesis by increasing vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression [13], which may be secondary to the effects of Tβ4 on MAPK, PKC and WNT signaling [14]. Thus, we also explored the relationship between Tβ4 and VEGF expression in the skin, and dissected the underlying signaling pathways associated with this effect.

Also see;

"Thymosin beta4 increases hair growth by activation of hair follicle stem cells."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14657002

"Thymosin Beta-4 Induces Mouse Hair Growth"

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0130040

"Role of thymosin beta 4 in hair growth"

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00438-016-1207-y

"Thymosin Beta 4 Induces Hair Growth via Stem Cell Migration and Differentiation"

https://nyaspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1196/annals.1415.009

Attachments

• yKAi-NGtpjoOSX9hLExL7GAAmW8I8VUfnSe1-zDezjI.jpg
    yKAi-NGtpjoOSX9hLExL7GAAmW8I8VUfnSe1-zDezjI.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 94
  • a80zb7cvvt331.png
    a80zb7cvvt331.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:

it2wi

Reaction score
Have been using this over past year for my knee injury. More(darker) body hair and but definitely lost ground on scalp. I would caution anyone with any autoimmune disease to jump onto this peptide.
Hey Baldco, interesting note re: autoimmune disease. Can you expand on this?