Peoples views on Propecia and toppik?

Carlos..

Reaction score
I was just wondering what peoples opinion was on propecia, I have recently started taking it, maybe for like two weeks, but I am pretty much sick and tired of stupid peoples comments on YouTube ect, propecia will make you impotent, you wont be able to have kids EVER.. I love my hair, but I also want to be able to have kids one day and be able to use my crown Jules.

Has anybody had any problem having a child after using propecia?

Also what are your views on toppik? Apparently the aluminium inside it blocks the pores and causes more hair loss?

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Carlos.. said:
I was just wondering what peoples opinion was on propecia, I have recently started taking it, maybe for like two weeks, but I am pretty much sick and tired of stupid peoples comments on YouTube ect, propecia will make you impotent, you wont be able to have kids EVER.. I love my hair, but I also want to be able to have kids one day and be able to use my crown Jules.

Has anybody had any problem having a child after using propecia?

Also what are your views on toppik? Apparently the aluminium inside it blocks the pores and causes more hair loss?
toppik works great if you still have hair left on your head, it doesn't work too well on receding hairlines. YES, there will be a lot of toppik falling on your scalp, and it may cause some irritation (if you use topicals) but should not increase hairloss.

Carlos..

Reaction score
Thanks, last night my mate was like 'your wearing sprey on hair' :(

What do you think about the propecia?

s.a.f

Reaction score
You must've overdone it with the Toppik. Propecia is safe very few people get sides and those sides dont include infertilty.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
You must've overdone it with the Toppik. Propecia is safe very few people get sides and those sides dont include infertilty.
For some it does.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Shma said:
s.a.f said:
For some it does.

Shma, this isn't propeciahelp.com. You might be right, but there definitely isn't any medical research showing that finasteride causes infertility. If it did happen at all, I would guess that it would be a very rare occasion. Trying to scare people away with unsupported theories is unfair.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
timbo said:
Shma said:
s.a.f said:
For some it does.

Shma, this isn't propeciahelp.com. You might be right, but there definitely isn't any medical research showing that finasteride causes infertility. If it did happen at all, I would guess that it would be a very rare occasion. Trying to scare people away with unsupported theories is unfair.
Trying to deny report cases is unfair as well. There are always 2 sides.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Shma said:
Trying to deny report cases is unfair as well. There are always 2 sides.

It is suspicious that there is no published literature, medical study, or trial that shows finasteride can make a human infertile. Rather, the only "report cases" are from undocumented sources like propeciahelp.com.

Carlos..

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone gave me, I have recently come off propecia, if and when it comes to it I will use a hair piece/ transplant or maybe just bite the bullet and use the glippers.

My balls are pretty sore from that stuff lol I know thats normal and goes back to normal, but propeciahelp.com helped me make my mind up. I just think losing the ability to have kids would ruin my life much more than losing my hair would.

Karl

s.a.f

Reaction score
Carlos.. said:
Thanks for the advice everyone gave me, I have recently come off propecia, if and when it comes to it I will use a hair piece/ transplant or maybe just bite the bullet and use the glippers.

My balls are pretty sore from that stuff lol I know thats normal and goes back to normal, but propeciahelp.com helped me make my mind up. I just think losing the ability to have kids would ruin my life much more than losing my hair would.

Karl

Thats total bollocks, your 100x more likely to become infertile from smoking or drinking and even thats a tiny risk.
Finasteride is a safe drug being taken by millions of men worldwide.

Nene

Reaction score
Carlos, a couple of things. First of all toppik shouldn't really be detectable unless you're using a color that doesn't match your hair or you're using way too much. Also, finasteride or propecia is a drug and obviously can have detrimental side effects. I do take the side effects seriously but also think that they are blown out of proportion on the web. It's you're own decision to make but you must realize that if you want a transplant, depending on how much hair you lose, you'll probably need to get on propecia and stay on it for life. Transplants on a norwood 5 and beyond are generally a bit thin so the idea is to not get there in the first place so that you're transplant surgeon won't have to cover a large area of scalp.

Carlos..

Reaction score
I have read up a report (on this site) that taking half of a quater every three days is the same as taking 1mg daily, with less sides, what do you think? Its so stressfull lol

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score
Threads like this piss me off.

Why do people find it necessary to scare people off from taking Propecia with diluted "facts". I'm 22 and have been taking finasteride for almost 3 years and my d**k is as hard as ever. Like saf said lots of sh*t makes men infertile. Plastic from water bottles can make a man sterile. Honestly, why do people care so much about going infertile? My genes already suck ***, I don't even like kids that much. If I'm infertile I'm not going to go cry myself to bed for 4 weeks. The world has so many homeless kid's just pick one of those bastards up.

If I knew the first day taking finasteride that I was going to be infertile I would still take it because the difference its made to my happiness level would be worth giving up something stupid like duplicating my DNA.

Jesus dude its just a pill, its not like taking LSD. Take the pill, or don't take it. I'm tired of these whiny indecisive threads.

s.a.f

Reaction score
:agree:
Me too when I started taking it I had no idea of any side effects and guess what? I did'nt find any. If you think that its going to have some effect on your libido its easy to convince yourself.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
shadowRX said:
Jesus dude its just a pill, its not like taking LSD. Take the pill, or don't take it. I'm tired of these whiny indecisive threads.
Oh wow. You don't have any sides so you tell everyone else who have them to f*** off. hm.
Wonder if you had that attitude if you had them.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Shma said:
shadowRX said:
Oh wow. You don't have any sides so you tell everyone else who have them to f*ck off. hm.
Wonder if you had that attitude if you had them.

No but he's saying stop trying to spread the image that everyone who takes finasteride will get side effects, when in reality its only a tiny percentage.