People Who Started/noticed Your Hair Loss As A Result Of Steroids/aas, Share Your Story And Treatmen

zebus

My Regimen
Reaction score
Frustrated with my genetically small frame, I made the choice to experiment with AAS and got punished for it. I was 29, knew the side effects, and after taking a good long look in the mirror I convinced myself I had absolutely no signs of hair loss so I'd be fine. I was wrong.

A couple weeks and injections in I noticed my hairline had become markedly thin in the first couple cm from what it was before and also had some slight recession in the temples. It wasn't bad, would still be considered a Norwood 0/1. I'm guessing I had tried AAS right when I was at the threshold of my natural hairloss beginning. Naturally, I decided any increase in mass wasn't worth my hair so I stopped immediately and got on finasteride.

Fast forward, it's been two years. I still have great looking hair, but that first couple of cm in the front that was affected continued to progress and thin slowly, it won't be long till I have no hair there and an M sitting at Norwood 2/3. The rest of my hair is fantastic, crown and mid scalp still as thick as ever.

Best I can figure the androgen sensitive scalp that was affected at the time was nuked so hard that finasteride coudn't stop the progress and save it. Anyone have similar experiences, or were able to stop their progression after AAS using finasteride? I've accepted my fate but always kinda wondered what could of been had I not screwed up..