People who have initial success with minoxidil, finasteride and nizarol

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've seen a lot of people have great success with minoxidil, finasteride and nizoral for a few months, but then (after around a year) the hairloss starts again and they lose all the gains. What is the reasoning behind this? I suspect it's the minoxidil induced hair that fall out?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've seen a lot of people have great success with minoxidil, finasteride and nizoral for a few months, but then (after around a year) the hairloss starts again and they lose all the gains. What is the reasoning behind this? I suspect it's the minoxidil induced hair that fall out?
Androgenetic Alopecia is driven by sensitivity to androgens. In order to stop male pattern baldness completely, you need to stop AR signaling, especially in scalp tissue (what is pretty hard to do so ONLY locally (nowadays)). In order to reverese the balding process, you need estrogens, either endogenous or exogenous.

Androgens: transcribe miniaturization information through the signaling of the AR

Estrogens: read hair growth informations through the ER.

This is widely proven, but many men just can't accept this. Till cloning or multiplication techs are developed, this is the only thing next to a cure to stop/reverse male pattern baldness.

Finasteride reduces androgen action in tissues by -25%, it's just slowing down the process.
While Minoxidil just induces growth of hair for some, scientific background is STILL unknown.
Nizoral Shampoo is useless, only works against SD or dandruff and some other scalp/skin issues. It is anti-fungal and "cleans" the skin, it's good to use it with other treatments, as it works synergistically, to promote growth. Only good scalp coniditions can hold good hair strands.

Hope this all clarifies you some things.

Reactions: mj9

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgenetic Alopecia is driven by sensitivity to androgens. In order to stop male pattern baldness completely, you need to stop AR signaling, especially in scalp tissue (what is pretty hard to do so ONLY locally (nowadays)). In order to reverese the balding process, you need estrogens, either endogenous or exogenous.

Androgens: transcribe miniaturization information through the signaling of the AR

This is widely proven, but many men just can't accept this. Till cloning or multiplication techs are developed, this is the only thing next to a cure to stop/reverse male pattern baldness.

Finasteride reduces androgen action in tissues by -25%, it's just slowing down the process.
While Minoxidil just induces growth of hair for some, scientific background is STILL unknown.
Nizoral Shampoo is useless, only works against SD or dandruff and some other scalp/skin issues. It is anti-fungal and "cleans" the skin, it's good to use it with other treatments, as it works synergistically, to promote growth. Only good scalp coniditions can hold good hair strands.

Thank you.
I'm look into estriol, but concerned about side effects. However, I might just take the plunge.

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you.
I'm look into estriol, but concerned about side effects. However, I might just take the plunge.

depends what you take...pharmacy grade estriol im assuming you're gonna turn into one.

The one that everyone has been using is the bi-estro cream(i feel like everyone took that from me lol) but the estriol levels are far too low to produce any side effect.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I disagree with you about nizoral just work for dandruff, if you have mild male pattern baldness keto 2% works to stop the thinning hair works for me but you need use at least every other day or every day.

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree with you about nizoral just work for dandruff, if you have mild male pattern baldness keto 2% works to stop the thinning hair works for me but you need use at least every other day or every day.

get the cream version it's way stronger than the shampoo. There's no studies to back up my statement but from personal experience it's like minoxidil.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
depends what you take...pharmacy grade estriol im assuming you're gonna turn into one.

The one that everyone has been using is the bi-estro cream(i feel like everyone took that from me lol) but the estriol levels are far too low to produce any side effect.
Thats good, but are the levels enough to help with hair growth?

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats good, but are the levels enough to help with hair growth?

Honestly not sure

When I used the bi-estro I did either 1 pump or 2 pumps a day:

Each pump consisted of 1 mg of Estriol USP and 0.25 mg Estradiol which is far less than pharmacy grade.

My main goal was the cream landing on the skin near the follicle.

By itself it does some hair growth but when it's combined it does a substantial amount.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
get the cream version it's way stronger than the shampoo. There's no studies to back up my statement but from personal experience it's like minoxidil.
Yeah you right about the cream maybe in the future give a try but right now the combo minoxidil+keto 2% works very well.

When I used minoxidil alone works well for like 2-3 years but after start decline again, so early this years I start use keto shampoo every other day because anti androgenic studies and now my hairline have short hairs to nw0-1

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well keep in mind that minoxidil doesn't prevent dht it's only a growth factor.

Usually when people go down that route for maintenance they have to use finasteride as the blocker and the minoxidil as the grower.

I love ketoconazole it's like Gods gift to earth. I just hate the shampoo version and preach the cream which is amazing.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well keep in mind that minoxidil doesn't prevent dht it's only a growth factor.

Usually when people go down that route for maintenance they have to use finasteride as the blocker and the minoxidil as the grower.

I love ketoconazole it's like Gods gift to earth. I just hate the shampoo version and preach the cream which is amazing.
Will the following work? Which one do you use and how often? What kind of growth did you see?

Daktarin Gold (Ketoconazole) 2% Cream - 15g

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will the following work? Which one do you use and how often? What kind of growth did you see?

Daktarin Gold (Ketoconazole) 2% Cream - 15g

Daktarin gold ey? You must be English.

Yes as long as it is ketoconazole cream 2% only.

I used it twice a day and I regrew 90% of my hairline back and density came back very rapidly. But keep in mind I created my own custom diet plan + I was using essential oils such as emu, peppermint, rosemary, etc. So I doubt you would get super insane results without the dieting part.

Specific supplements and 2.5mm aggressive needling.

In the past I didn't use ketoconazole so it was all essential oils. Hair was getting thicker but not as fast. Also my left temples refused to fill in until I included keto + needling.

I'm just taking a small break and will go back at it hardcore for a solid 2 months on march 1st.

Overall I've had insane success but there are some people on this forum who won't agree with my method.

I'll be testing a theory with specific exercises whether I can 100% fill in my temple region shortly.

Last edited:

Daniel_the_Hairy_Dutchman

My Regimen
Reaction score

"Finasteride reduces androgen action in tissues by -25%"
This statement is a bit misleading. Finasteride inhibits the 5a-reductase type 2 and 3, of which type 2 is mostly situated in the skin. Due to this, scalp DHT decreases by about 70%, which for a significant amount of men is enough to halt further miniaturization. There are men who have been taking finasteride for 20 years for an enlarged prostate who have more hair then before taking it.

Ferreira

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there.
I currently use:
Nizoral / Ketoconazole shampoo
Minoxidil
Finasteride

and began PRP.

I have found PRP has made a significant difference in density and halted my hair fall. Currently on my second treatment going on third.

Ketoconazole has anti-inflammatory properties. It halts hair fall to some degree by reduction of inflammation on the scalp. In addition to anti-fungal properties.

Although androgenic alopecia is a genetic factor- there are also other factors which cause hairloss also- this is inclusive of follicular inflammation which can be undetectable to most people. This can occur from exposure to sunlight, trauma, vigorously drying your hair, the hair dryer etc.

Some individuals are more prone to inflammation than others, as you can imagine.

Ferreira

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there.
I currently use:
Minoxidil
Finasteride

and began PRP.

I have found PRP has made a significant difference in density and halted my hair fall. Currently on my second treatment going on third.

Ketoconazole has anti-inflammatory properties. It halts hair fall to some degree by reduction of inflammation on the scalp. In addition to anti-fungal properties.

Although androgenic alopecia is a genetic factor- there are also other factors which cause hairloss also- this is inclusive of follicular inflammation which can be undetectable to most people. This can occur from exposure to sunlight, trauma, vigorously drying your hair, the hair dryer etc.

Some individuals are more prone to inflammation than others, as you can imagine.
Addit:
All in all, I am having very good success at this time- doing a case study on myself.
I have seen many others doing a variety of different things, compliance and consistency is the #1 factor. Missing even day can dampen your progress, and actually alter your general results. It’s either go hard or go home and expect minimal results and claim it doesn’t work.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there.
I currently use:
Minoxidil
Finasteride

and began PRP.

How often do you get or supposed to get PRP? I've looked into it but it seems a bit expensive as you have to keep going back for more sessions.

I agree with your go hard or go home approach. I went all out about 10 years ago and had great results. But I lost most of the growth within 1 year but it didn't get worse so it seems like I'm maintaining with finasteride, min and nizoral. I'm going to try once more and then I'm throwing in the towel.

Ferreira

My Regimen
Reaction score
How often do you get or supposed to get PRP? I've looked into it but it seems a bit expensive as you have to keep going back for more sessions.

I agree with your go hard or go home approach. I went all out about 10 years ago and had great results. But I lost most of the growth within 1 year but it didn't get worse so it seems like I'm maintaining with finasteride, min and nizoral. I'm going to try once more and then I'm throwing in the towel.
Initially, I am getting it every 4-6 weeks. I’ve had 2 sessions about to get my third. It’s made a significant difference.

After 4 sessions (usually it’s just 3 sessions) I am then getting it once every 6 months.

It’s expensive however once the initial course is completed it’s just a dose every 6 months.

Essentially: it can heal the damage sustained over time by DHT, which is a long term process, so after 3-4 treatments it’s usually reversed significantly enough that you can do it 6 monthly.

it’s worth doing.
I haven’t had the micro needling with the PRP though. I’d like to do that. It makes it more expensive however, with the dermpen.

it’s also best to make sure the clinic you choose uses TGA approved (of Australia) or equivalent PRP tubes. I like the regenlab ones. They do make a difference to platelet count and amount of PRP withdrawn.

Ferreira

My Regimen
Reaction score
Initially, I am getting it every 4-6 weeks. I’ve had 2 sessions about to get my third. It’s made a significant difference.

After 4 sessions (usually it’s just 3 sessions) I am then getting it once every 6 months.

It’s expensive however once the initial course is completed it’s just a dose every 6 months.

Essentially: it can heal the damage sustained over time by DHT, which is a long term process, so after 3-4 treatments it’s usually reversed significantly enough that you can do it 6 monthly.

it’s worth doing.
I haven’t had the micro needling with the PRP though. I’d like to do that. It makes it more expensive however, with the dermpen.

it’s also best to make sure the clinic you choose uses TGA approved (of Australia) or equivalent PRP tubes. I like the regenlab ones. They do make a difference to platelet count and amount of PRP withdrawn.
I feel that the PRP made the most difference for me out of everything. Especially with density and prevention of further hair fall.

I am now on minoxidil 5mg oral and 2mg tablet as a compounded tablet. (Taken at night). The oral minoxidil has made a better difference than the topical. More convenient also. Side effects have been good to me, too. Haha. My eyebrows, eyelashes and beard got a bit darker and look great.

I have used/trialed pretty much everything and seen results of everything else. Staving off that transplant as long as possible, haha.

I myself had issues over the years with compliance/adherence.

unfortunately stopping and starting, with each time, does impact the results and response. Starting and continuing is the only way. Stay strong.

I often would let it thicken up and then become complacent, then it would get bad again within 6 months to a year and I’d start again.

Now it’s at a point where I need to maintain and stick to it.