People Taking Finasteride: How Often Do You Get Morning Wood?

People on Finasteride: How Frequently Do You Get Morning Wood?

• Total voters

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically as the title says, People who are on finasteride how often do you get morning wood? Trying to see if people are actually getting some side effects on finasteride without realizing it. Please be honest in your responses. If you aren't on finasteride feel free to comment how often you are getting morning erections.

Only creating this poll because after quitting AR inhibitors for a while I noticed I was getting morning wood almost every day, and realized this was not the case on finasteride. I never really thought about it at the time, but curious everyone else's reactions.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have morning wood about once per week, but I had this week random boners multiple times for over 20 mins each time.

However I studied my morning wood already before starting finasteride and nothing changed.

I also asked around in my circle of friends and approaching the 30s frequent morning wood is less common.

Intense sports / lifting and enough sleep causes morning wood as well as higher libido for me, so those are the factors that have priority for me.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good question though, OP and def something to monitor.

If finasteride makes you feel sh*t stop asap. The stuff can have mean neurological sides.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I put everyday as that's the closest to my experience. I'd say I miss about 1 day a week without morning wood, but aside from that I've been consistently getting them. i wish I could compare to pre finasteride but I never even acknowledged the frequency of my morning wood, but I have a gut feeling I wasn't getting them everyday.

A good question would also be, how many times a day/week do finasteride users fap, aside from actual sexual intercourse.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Intense sports / lifting and enough sleep causes morning wood as well as higher libido for me, so those are the factors that have priority for me.

This, got back into the gym the past 1-1.5 months and have been feeling overall f*****g amazing, in all aspects. I do religiously take a DIM supplement everyday and think this has really helped make my experience on finasteride a pleasing one. I remember I ran out of DIM for 2 weeks and gained a couple pounds, could be coincidence, but was enough for me to go out and restock on it.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
This, got back into the gym the past 1-1.5 months and have been feeling overall f*****g amazing, in all aspects. I do religiously take a DIM supplement everyday and think this has really helped make my experience on finasteride a pleasing one. I remember I ran out of DIM for 2 weeks and gained a couple pounds, could be coincidence, but was enough for me to go out and restock on it.
DIM?

Also, been thinking, honestly can't remember at all if I was getting morning wood on finasteride lol. Will see as I continue with it.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I only took it for 2 days and the first night i had morning wood until i got out of bed and then it went down pretty quick.

mdmnota

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't use finasteride and have very rare morning wood, but I have no erection problems at all

nicksparrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wake up with a good nice feeling in my dick. Half the time I find myself groping my dick in wet dreams.
And im on dutasteride.

Usually only on days that I workout/lift hard in the gym.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wake up with a good nice feeling in my dick. Half the time I find myself groping my dick in wet dreams.
And im on dutasteride.

Usually only on days that I workout/lift hard in the gym.
How long have you been using duta?

DiffThinner35

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rarely had a morning wood before taking finasteride, rarely have them after taking finasteride for years.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get it basically everyday; there might be a day a week I don't get one but tbh I had that prior to finasteride.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most every day unless I've been jerking off an unusually high amount

Nizlor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most days.. but if i do not workout regularly and eat somewhat right, it's gone :)

kaustubh.s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A month. I certainly noticed a drop in libido. But that changed after hitting the gym. Some reason libido is up 3x more when I exercise and lift.
I'm Genetically predisposed with male pattern baldness
I'm norwood 1.5
And can imagine that i will go norwood2 in few months
That's why I've started finasteride(1mg daily) few weeks ago
Bro, does weight training increases hairloss?
Please help dude
I'm overweight and i need to lose weight but I'm worried because I think weight TRAINING speeds up male pattern baldness

g.i joey

Reaction score
I'm norwood 1.5
Please help dude
I'm overweight and i need to lose weight but I'm worried because I think weight TRAINING speeds up male pattern baldness

you might wanna consider losing some weight before you go on propecia. Weight will be a bit harder to lose on it than off it.

nicksparrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm norwood 1.5
Please help dude

Uhm no it won’t speed it up lol. You’re fine. I weight train too. Whatever testosterone boost you get from training won’t harm your hair.