People starting to notice my system

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has come across this before where the back and sides of my new system (6 weeks old) have become very noticeable??

I wearing a system for 3 years now and have had no problems at all, I buy all my systems from northwest lace and have found them great I wear a Swiss lace with thinskin tape rim around the back and sides, this new system I have on is the first I have used from them since the pandemic started and I've started to notice that the back and sides are so noticeable that I am wearing a system its driving me crazy( please see pictures attached) has anyone every come across this before??? Even my old system which I got 9 months out off never looked this bad. Would it be because it was knotted in China and not in Korea because of the border being shut?? I did notice when I first get this new system that the hair looked knotted different but it looked great for the first month or so

Sorry for ranting any help will be much appreciated
Thanks

Attachments

• 20210707_225317.jpg
    20210707_225317.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 361
  • 20210707_192556.jpg
    20210707_192556.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 364

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
On reading various forums, the quality out of China is generally lower than that out of Korea. The factories which had relocated back hurriedly hired those with rusty skills and unskilled. Hopefully, though no comfort for you here, standards will improve but staff turnover may slow improvements.

The comments on these boards talk of a drop in knotting and hair quality standards.

Those factories that retained some form of a Chinese workforce over the years seem to have maintained a decent standard out of the pandemic

Last edited:

Noah

Reaction score
From those photos if looks like there are 2 issues: (1) the thinskin rim on your unit doesn't have enough density of hair on it to conceal the base; and (2) the knots of the hairs on the thinskin rim have not been bleached, and because of the low density they are visible. Does that ring any bells? When you have the unit off does it seem to have a band of lower density hair around the perimeter? If so, is that because of shedding, or was it like that when you got it?

It is certainly worth talking to Eric at NWL and explaining to him what has happened, and sending him some pictures. A 6-week-old unit should not have these problems. He may be willing to go you a quick deal on a replacement unit.

If there is a band of bald or nearly-bald thinskin around the perimeter, you might be better cutting it off than having it show, but it is hard to say without knowing how snug the fit of your unit is and whether you can brush enough hair over the join so that any gap doesn't show.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not even at the very edge.
Terrible poor 'quality' hair system you got there for it to shed like that after 6 weeks.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can tell you, I send back nearly everything I get due to the unit's just arriving with too little hair. I ordered a piece from a supplier, found it fantastic, and proceeded to order 3 more as I was impressed. Those 3 were horrific. This is recent. Since the Pandemic, I'd say 1 in 5 pieces are good. I don't know if they're coming from pre-Pandemic reserves or what - I'm not going to even try to inquire - but it's very annoying.

The good news is Eric at NWL is a good guy.

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all

Thanks for all the replies

Yea noah it is exactly as you have said, knots don't looked bleached and the hair density is low on thinskin rim.
When I first received my system it looked fine but I noticed that the hair was knotted different from previous systems and even the thinskin seemed a different colour but when first put it on it looked great for the first 4 weeks den it must have shed some hair and now it's very noticeable and annoying

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Odd that density would be different on poly surround, because that poly band is added after all ventilation is done, over the lace..as a matter of fact, the knots of the hair on the side/back are welded from the poly to the lace side/back...so that part shouldn't shed as fast as the rest of the lace portion..unless it was low density all over..or hair is breaking above base...

I would brush the hair over rim to camouflage it as much as possible instead of parting hair in other direction as per your first pic

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Odd that density would be different on poly surround, because that poly band is added after all ventilation is done, over the lace..as a matter of fact, the knots of the hair on the side/back are welded from the poly to the lace side/back...so that part shouldn't shed as fast as the rest of the lace portion..unless it was low density all over..or hair is breaking above base...

I would brush the hair over rim to camouflage it as much as possible instead of parting hair in other direction as per your first pic
Is the poly edge always added over a lace base in a hybrid system?

Or could it ever have poly on its own joined to lace?
With nothing under the poly section?

Pallas foods

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it true u can't get bleached knots on a poly rim??? I'm after getting this message from my supplier "Knots on poly/skin are actually never bleached (they are only bleached on lace), poly/skin cannot have bleach on it"

All my old pieces seem to have bleaches knots on the poly rim but he says not that's my old piece on the left and new 1 on the right.
Thanks for all the feedback guys

Attachments

• 20210708_230233.jpg
    20210708_230233.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 20210708_230233.jpg
    20210708_230233.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 151

Cruise21

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my experience factories try to minimize the amount of bleaching they do past the hairline because it weakens the hair and makes the piece shed even faster than normal. That's not really a bad thing in most cases.

The real problem with the latest piece, as others have said, is that the density in the poly area is too low. Even if those knots were perfectly bleached, the poly strip would still be visible.