people have NO idea my hair isn't real!

jasenwm

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct section for this but I consider this a success story. I wear a hair system,wig piece whatever you want to call it. I'm a NW6 and used to shave my head slick. I wore a hat for 3 months and told people I was getting transplants while I grew out my sides and back until I got my system. People know I'm bald I have shaved my head for the last 10 years but like I said I have been wearing a hat to work for the last 3 months. I told a few people that I was getting a system and told them to keep it between us but people have big mouths and told a few others. I was so worried everyone would make fun and I would be embarrassed my first day back at work. I walk in and everyone is like WOW your hair looks great! The people that were told even tried to look real close and tried to believe it was fake but could not prove it. It was funny because it looks so good they were looking all around my head and asking me to look down to see if they could see anything. It's a full lace system and is absolutly undetectible. You should have seen them,it was like they wanted to believe it wasn't real but logic kept telling them otherwise. For you that think people will notice it's not real, most people don't even know hair systems exist that allow you to style your hair with a hair line showing and showing scalp. People don't think it's possible for a ''wig'' to look like that. So unless it looks bad or the person that is looking at you is also a wearer, you can't tell and it's not even a conceivable option to people that don't wear hair. Get a good lace system and you will have no issues trust me, even the people that I told and knew throught I was lying.

Attachments

• my hair 2.jpg
    my hair 2.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 1,411

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
With no picture, this thread is slightly pointless, especially for a success story.

FormerFro

Reaction score
I wore one for approximately one month. Purchased fitted and styled from a reputable company. It looked fantastic the first day. My confidence skyrocketed. I was maybe a nw3 at the time with heavily receded temples. I wore it spiked up with my hairline exposed. From 3 or 4 feet away, undetectable. Any closer and you can see the thin mesh.

It was quite expensive costing approximately $900 initially for a piece that would last 3-4 months. I really wanted to make it work and believed if so many actors like Enrique Iglesias and William Shatner could do it, so could I. The stigma of wearing it was bearable because my confidence was so high but I was always slightly paranoid especially seeing old friends. After the first two weeks it became incredibly itchy even after removing the piece entirely, shaving my scalp underneath and the piece itself. Also as your actual hair around the sides begins to grow, the piece will start to look artificial because it simply does not blend very well. If you have thinning temple points (the hair between your sideburns and forehead) then it will be very noticeable as well. Count swimming out for the rest of your life as well. Oh, and walking in the wind? It definitely won't blow off but your hair will move and not look natural. Being with girls? They can certainly feel the mesh, it was not easy to hid.

Long story short it was heaven at first and quickly became hell. I shaved my head and quickly hopped on the big 3 and am much happier without any attachments. I couldn't confine myself to being a rugrat the rest of my life even though I was willing to put in all the effort needed to make that damn thing look good. My advice is to think really long and hard if you can make one of these work. After a cut and style they look like "movie hair". After a short while though you might start to wonder what you were thinking in the first place. Best of luck everyone!

jasenwm

Reaction score
I remove mine once a week,clean the base and my scalp. I retape and then reattach. I have a full lace system. I don't really swim. I don't let women touch my hair pretty simple really. Now are they perfect?No, are they the best you are going to get to a full head of hair? Without question yes. If you are a NW5 or more a hair transplant is not going to do you any good and meds,well the side effects are enough to keep me away and you will stop responding to the meds also at some point. You get a good company that gets good systems and you have it cut in right,nothing looks better,not even your real hair.

Rooster85

Reaction score
It's so hard to make a decision on one hand seems like the best idea ever and on the other when I hear stories like formerfro it make me feel like ****. What to do!