Penis Shrinkage And finasteride/dutasteride. 7 Words.

Serpico

Reaction score
Do finasteride/dutasteride cause penis shrinkage? My little guy aint looking as happy as he used to. Not sure if it has been discussed already, but also came across this:

Asian J Androl. 2018 Sep-Oct;20(5):505-510. doi: 10.4103/aja.aja_28_18.
The corpus cavernosum after treatment with dutasteride or finasteride: A histomorphometric study in a benign prostatic hyperplasia rodent model.
Da Silva MHA1, Costa WS1, B Sampaio FJ1, De Souza DB1.
Author information

Abstract
Erectile dysfunction is a common side effect of finasteride and dutasteride treatments. The objective of this study was to investigate the structural changes in the penis using a benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) rodent model treated with dutasteride or finasteride. Sixty male rats were divided into the following groups: C, untreated control rats; C + D, control rats receiving dutasteride; C + F, control rats receiving finasteride; H, untreated spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHRs); H + D, SHRs treated with dutasteride; and H + F, SHRs treated with finasteride. Treatments were performed for 40 days, and penises were collected immediately thereafter. The organs were analyzed using histomorphometric methods to determine the cross-sectional penile area, as well as the surface density (Sv) of smooth muscle fibers, connective tissue, elastic system fibers, and sinusoidal spaces of the corpus cavernosum. The results were compared using a one-way ANOVA with Bonferroni's posttest. Groups C + D and C + F had a significantly smaller penile cross-sectional area, but more elastic system fiber Sv compared to Group C. Group C + D showed less smooth muscle Sv, and Group H showed more connective tissue but a smaller sinusoidal space Sv in the corpus cavernosum compared to Group C. Groups H + D and H + F had less smooth muscle Sv than Group H. Group H + D also had more connective tissue and elastic system fiber Sv than Group H. Both dutasteride and finasteride promoted penile modifications in the control rat penis, although this affect was greater in Group H animals. In this rodent model, dutasteride was the drug that most affected the corpus cavernosum.

Has anyone noticed anything similar?

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing to note is that they gave much higher doses to the rats compared to their weight, and apparently finasteride inhibits the 5AR in rats that it doesn't in humans (was it type 1 or type 3? It's supposed to mostly target type 2). There was actually a human study someone posted where they apparently did ultrasounds on PFS victims and concluded penile tissue changed, however I replied that it would be unfair to only do an ultrasound on people who had severe side effects compared to people who are getting on just fine.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What did you expect? Penile tissue is androgen dependent, lowering systemic dht is not gonna be good for your little guy. There are lots of studies on animals.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
What did you expect? Penile tissue is androgen dependent, lowering systemic dht is not gonna be good for your little guy. There are lots of studies on animals.

youre a doctor so ill take your word for it tbh, dr75.

abcdefg

Reaction score
pseudo hermaphradites. Same stuff with them and that is what finasteride is trying to mimic. They have some abnormal issues with the same things too

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bro they got 50 mg finasteride and their weight is 2-3 kg, you are 80 kg + male and take 1 mg. just think logically plz
In fairness finasteride has a flat dose response but perhaps that changes once you hit numbers as high as 50mg. I just know there isn't much of a difference between 1mg and 5mg,
pseudo hermaphradites. Same stuff with them and that is what finasteride is trying to mimic. They have some abnormal issues with the same things too
Because they lack 5AR2 activity during development, which is when you actually need it. No one on here is telling kids to go take finasteride, in fact, most posters stress not to take it until you're mostly done developing to be safe.

The warning label tells pregnant women not to ingest it or even touch it for a reason.

Arandomstudent

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think its probably a placebo effect honestly, you'll try your best to find abnormalities that are not there, and overtime it becomes real due to insecurities. Not saying that 5a reductases do not affect your dick, but at 1mg its pretty limiting even if there is an effect.