"Pencil" Scars: Best Docs; Why Coy on Pricing?

IppikiOkami

Reaction score
My first post here so be kind; doing preliminary research into hair transplant.

My major concerns are the usual ones:
1. Final results
2. Donor scarring
3. Cost.

The results will be what they will be, so not much use debating that, but what doctors have the best rep for doing competent aesthetic work vis a' vis minimal scarring?

And why is everybody here so close-lipped about fees? Fear of lawsuits? What?

Cost is the one go/no-go element that is absolute - either you have enough money or you don't - so cost should be the most basic information given about any doctor discussed here, IMO. I don't need a down-to-the-penny cost sheet, just some reasonable ballpark figures for comparison and research.

Thanks for any info anyone can offer.

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
Who is closed lipped about prices in strip? They hover around $4.50 per graft... give or take 50 cents. I am surprized folks don't talk about prices of surgery. I get sick of shady folks. Anyway... folks who provide pencil line scars... Would you like to know some that have proven records of this?

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
And most solid standing physicians never augment the prices to try to undercut everyone else.

IppikiOkami

Reaction score
Wow - 'major eye-opener. I went over for a consult at Bosley a couple months back and their fee schedule starts at $9.50 a graft for 600 with reductions of $.25 for every hundred thereafter, then freezing at $5.50 per from 2500 onward.

I'd already nixed the Bosley idea after reading the near-unanimous negative reviews of them, but the expense pretty much seals it.

And hairtech - yeah, who's got good records on competent scar-minimization? I worry a lot about that because of my feet: In Y2K a friend opened a metal-bottomed door at an inopportune moment, resulting in a 3" laceration on the top of my foot. The Doctor stapled it together and the scar is hard to find even if you know where to look. About a year ago I had surgery on my feet and those scars look like Frankenstein. Obviously a deeper cut, but the stitching was weak and pulled apart before healing. 'Do not want that kind of thing happening on the back of my head...

Thanks a mil for the info - I owe you all beer.

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
Drs. Harris(Colorado)/Cooley(South Carolina)/Rose(Florida)/********(Europe)/Divroye(Brussels)Hasson & Wong(Canada) just to name a few

Glad you made the right decision on not going to a clinic you mentioned.