Pelage Pharmaceuticals - New Powerful Topical Small Molecule

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Official press release:

- Pelage Pharmaceuticals Announces $16.75M Series A Financing led by GV to Revolutionize Regenerative Medicine for Hair Loss
Pioneers novel approach to restore the body’s natural ability to grow hair by reactivating dormant hair follicle stem cells
Early Phase I clinical data shows statistically significant stem cell activation in the hair follicles after one week of treatment with PP405
Announces the appointment of Qing Yu Christina Weng, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer

The Pelage solution:

- A novel, non-invasive, topical small molecule drug platform that activates stem cells in the hair follicles directly to stimulate robust hair growth. By targeting an intrinsic metabolic switch in hair follicles, Pelage’s platform is suitable for all genders, skin types, and hair types.

For more informations visit: https://pelagepharma.com/

What is your opinion about this new hair candidate PP405? Will be game changer in future? Will be real solution for Androgenic Alopecia on long-term?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Official press release:

- Pelage Pharmaceuticals Announces $16.75M Series A Financing led by GV to Revolutionize Regenerative Medicine for Hair Loss
Pioneers novel approach to restore the body’s natural ability to grow hair by reactivating dormant hair follicle stem cells
Early Phase I clinical data shows statistically significant stem cell activation in the hair follicles after one week of treatment with PP405
Announces the appointment of Qing Yu Christina Weng, M.D., as Chief Medical Officer

The Pelage solution:

- A novel, non-invasive, topical small molecule drug platform that activates stem cells in the hair follicles directly to stimulate robust hair growth. By targeting an intrinsic metabolic switch in hair follicles, Pelage’s platform is suitable for all genders, skin types, and hair types.

For more informations visit: https://pelagepharma.com/

What is your opinion about this new hair candidate PP405? Will be game changer in future? Will be real solution for Androgenic Alopecia on long-term?
"Early Phase I clinical data shows statistically significant stem cell activation in the hair follicles after one week of treatment with PP405"
wow, incredible to be real¡¡

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Early Phase I clinical data shows statistically significant stem cell activation in the hair follicles after one week of treatment with PP405"
Stem cell activation doesn't mean much by itself. It forces hairs into anagen, but we need to increase hair shaft differentiation to reverse miniaturization.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stem cell activation doesn't mean much by itself. It forces hairs into anagen, but we need to increase hair shaft differentiation to reverse miniaturization.
I was sarcastic.... I know you said, reverse miniaturization is one of the keys

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you think that getting a really big investment from venture capital firm means something? Maybe they see big potentional in this treatment based on informations they got directly from the company? Maybe they saw photos with really big hair growth?

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The big question with all this treatments is how long do you have to take it and how long the results will last when you will quit it?

dsd

Reaction score
Will it be real solution for Androgenic Alopecia on long-term?

Nope. They don't understand hairloss according to their website. How do they want to heal it? The magic potion could contain Minoxidil. They don't tell it.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will it be real solution for Androgenic Alopecia on long-term?

Nope. They don't understand hairloss according to their website. How do they want to heal it? The magic potion could contain Minoxidil. They don't tell it.
Honestly, Visiting his website I tought that was created by AI, ..... but I can be wrong

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From my perspective these kind of treatments will be good solution for ealy hair loss suffers. For bald people with high norwoods these kind of treatments will be torture.

And these treatments should be apply constantly to maintain results.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Pelage Pharmaceuticals Announces $16.75M Series A Financing led by GV to Revolutionize Regenerative Medicine for Hair Loss​

"Our scientific co-founders have uncovered a unique biological mechanism with the potential to reactivate hair growth in people with alopecia," said Daniel Gil, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Pelage Pharmaceuticals. "We are pleased to announce that we have completed a first-in-human Phase 1 clinical trial that demonstrated seven days of topical dosing with PP405 was safe and well-tolerated, and showed statistically significant activation of hair follicle stem cells. With the support of GV, Main Street Advisors and other top-tier investors, we expect to advance our lead program to a Phase 2a clinical trial in the second half of this year."

The Phase 1 trial evaluating PP405, a novel topical agent designed to treat androgenetic alopecia and other forms of hair loss, showed 0.05% PP405 topical treatment for seven days is safe and tolerable with no adverse events, and provided confirmation of a daily dosing regimen. Importantly, the study demonstrated biological activity, proof of mechanism of action seen in preclinical studies, and showed treatment with PP405 stimulated statistically significant activation of a critical hair follicle stem cell activation marker. Translational data will be presented at the American Academy of Dermatology meeting in March.

Androgenetic alopecia, also known as pattern balding, is the most common form of alopecia and accounts for more than 90% of all hair loss, impacting both men and women. Additionally, PP405 may also have applications for other types of hair loss such as telogen effluvium (stress-induced hair loss) and chemotherapy-induced hair loss.

"What we've observed is that in people who experience hair loss, the actual hair follicle stem cells are still present but have reverted to a dormant state. We have uncovered a small molecule able to stimulate cellular metabolism to re-awaken hair follicle stem cells and spur new hair growth," said William Lowry, Ph.D., scientific co-founder, Pelage Pharmaceuticals. The discovery was made by Drs. Lowry, Heather Christofk and Michael Jung, of the University of California, Los Angeles. PP405 is designed to inhibit the mitochondrial pyruvate carrier (MPC) to specifically reactivate the dormant hair follicle stem cells.

"Hair loss is an incredibly common health problem with few effective solutions," said Cathy Friedman, Executive Venture Partner, GV and Board Director, Pelage Pharmaceuticals. "GV is excited by the incredible science behind the Pelage technology. Pelage is pioneering an innovative approach with the potential to disrupt the treatment landscape, moving beyond agents that merely slow the progression of hair loss to a treatment solution that actually helps to regrow hair."

Along with the financing and Phase 1 topline data, Pelage has announced the appointment of Qing Yu Christina Weng, M.D., as the company's Chief Medical Officer (CMO). Dr. Weng is a physician-scientist, Harvard-trained board-certified dermatologist at Massachusetts General Hospital, and faculty at Harvard Medical School. In addition to her clinical expertise, Dr. Weng brings a background in corporate startup strategy and business development. At Pelage, Dr. Weng's experience will inform the company's development of PP405 as it advances to Phase 2 studies.

"The current therapeutic landscape is dominated by reformulations of existing products. Pelage is built on rigorous science and offers the opportunity to target the follicle stem cells directly," said Dr. Weng. "I am thrilled to work with the Pelage team to advance this discovery in pursuit of a novel non-invasive solution for all people who experience hair loss."

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting. The sooner they start phase 2 the sooner we will have an answer how good it is.