Peapoddy's Story - (25 : Just Starting Finasteride)

Status
Not open for further replies.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick update guys....

Hair is doing great :)

Close to 6 years on finasteride and it certainly hasn't effected my gym performance ,it actually had the opposite effect ,scaring me and making me step my game up...

I think I will try minoxidil. alone first. Hopefully if I see good results, I will jump on finasteride. I wash my hair every two days. How about you?

2tite2014

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn, nice. Are you still rolling with minoxidil? Also what's that patchy crap on your chest in the 2nd picture? Also nice dong bro (no homo).

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah minoxidil twice per day (foam mornings and the liquid 1 hour before I sleep)

I had just trimmed my hair in that picture lol

2tite2014

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride ~6 months and minoxidil for about 2 months. I'm NW3.5 and I've got a little forest of small colored hairs sprouting in my temples and around my hairline where it was basically bald before. Hopefully it keeps on thickening.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck buddy and keep it up !!! Once you've stabilized your loss you could consider a transplant if you don't get the re growth you're after .

dfg

Reaction score
congrats dude! you must have a flawless diet, you think this might have played a role in the hair growth? because that was some amazingly quick response in the beginning
is it balanced or do you focus more on carbs over fats, etc.?

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate! My diet is fairly balanced now .I make sure i get in enough protein and carbs for my training.I eat 3-4 good meals per day.

I'm not looking to get huge.. just maintain a nice balanced aesthetic look.When i first started the treatments at 25 i was kind of obsessed with working out /diet but priorities change ,now i'm more relaxed but still enjoy working out.

congrats dude! you must have a flawless diet, you think this might have played a role in the hair growth? because that was some amazingly quick response in the beginning
is it balanced or do you focus more on carbs over fats, etc.?

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Sweet legs bro(no homo haha). What's your leg routine if you don't mind me asking? Also, do you get any redness from minoxidil?

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
I could be way bulkier though . I'm currently at 205 lbs and holding this...

- - - Updated - - -

I keep my leg routine simple.

leg extensions 5 sets
leg press 5 sets
one legged lunges with dumbbells 5 sets
1 set of wall sits to failure

No redness from minoxidil :)

Sweet legs bro(no homo haha). What's your leg routine if you don't mind me asking? Also, do you get any redness from minoxidil?

Blac

Reaction score
I could be way bulkier though . I'm currently at 205 lbs and holding this...

- - - Updated - - -

I keep my leg routine simple.

leg extensions 5 sets
leg press 5 sets
one legged lunges with dumbbells 5 sets
1 set of wall sits to failure

No redness from minoxidil :)

Hey read through a big portion of your thread. Congrats man.

Have a finasteride prescript, been really nervous to take it until now. About to pop .5 right now.

I was a bit concerned though, I'm running 500mg/wk of test-e and .25adex E3D. Will taking finasteride have any positive/negative affect?

Also I saw you stated, "rogain foam" is there any specific one that I need to buy? Is minoxidil a necessity? I'm about a NW1 right now.

My plan right now is just to go all out. .5 finasteride ED, rogain foam, and Nizoral 2%. that sound about right? Really new to this hairloss stuff and wanting to stop it in its tracks and possibly regrow some.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you have diffuse thinning ? If you're a solid NW1 then I wouldn't worry with minoxidil right now . Just take the finasteride and you should hold your ground for a long time .

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
Good for you mate, your hair looks better than ever! Your hair transplant really did something great for you combining with finasteride and minoxidil. I have been on the big 3 for almost 3 years now, and I'm going to have hair transplant in the next month to fill out my temples. I kind of compare my situation to yours, and you have been a great inspiration all the way through from the beginning! It's great that you keep coming back updating here!

Blac

Reaction score
Do you have diffuse thinning ? If you're a solid NW1 then I wouldn't worry with minoxidil right now . Just take the finasteride and you should hold your ground for a long time .

I'm not 100% sure... I'm definitely thinning in the traditional male pattern baldness area on the left/right side and my hairline as a whole has seemed to receded back a little bit.

FQ5BGtV.jpg

fBEfVjP.png

fGDH2mV.png

So just finasteride itself may be the best bet? No need for a shampoo or anything? Thanks!

Blac

Reaction score

Idk, I'd say I'm a NW1? Maybe 2? Here are some pics.
http://i.imgur.com/FQ5BGtV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fBEfVjP.png
http://i.imgur.com/fGDH2mV.png

I had a pretty bad shed that lasted a couple months it felt like... Noticed I had receded a bit after that, Hair/scalp was super itchy/flakey, hair was coming out if I ran my hands through my hair. Stopped about 3-4 months ago, haven't noticed the hair falling out since, or the flakeyness and definitely not as remotely itchy.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah minoxidil twice per day (foam mornings and the liquid 1 hour before I sleep)

I had just trimmed my hair in that picture lol

It does not look like you have any hair loss at all whatsoever. That's interesting how you say that finasteride actually spiked your sex drive and improved your lifting. It did the absolute and complete opposite for me: killing my sex drive and erections, and causing my lifting to suffer dramatically and for my muscles to feel soft and flabby even after workouts.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to squat, but now I'm looking to maintain my legs rather than build . I need more balence to my physique :)

Squatting is the best though for building raw mass , I didn't even go that heavy , just make sure your form is on point , full depth and controlled movements , throw in some drop sets after reaching failure for more intensity .

Blac

Reaction score
I used to squat, but now I'm looking to maintain my legs rather than build . I need more balence to my physique :)

Squatting is the best though for building raw mass , I didn't even go that heavy , just make sure your form is on point , full depth and controlled movements , throw in some drop sets after reaching failure for more intensity .

So much of this. I go *** to grass, and do it controlled. No point in doing half range of motion with a weight too heavy.

On a side note, addajc can you check the end of the previous page? Because I'm a new poster and posted pics/links it required my post be approved by a mod. It was in response to your previous message.

addajc

Established Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look like diffuse thinning ,density looks good ....you're at the very beginning of male pattern baldness which is perfect for you to start taking finasteride ,don't wait a few years, start NOW .

Status
Not open for further replies.