Peapoddy's Story - (25 : Just Starting Finasteride)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Pic i took today:)

Thats the style i'm sporting for now.I'm way too hair greedy and want a better hairline lol

IMG_2260xxxxxxx.jpg

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
IUbball22 said:
Are you working out as hard as you used to? Looking a little small there...

Are you joking?! Size of that arm ... it looks like me, and i'm 6ft.

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
My chest session is..

Incline dumbel press,incline hammer smith machine,flat dumbel flys,Dumbel pull overs then FST-7 cables flys

powersam said:
Squats and benchs dude!!!!!

JWM

Reaction score
Peabody

Don't you feel pullovers hitting your lats more? I know Yates was a huge fan of them for pre-exhausting before pulldowns.

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Well i don't do them that often and certainly not every week.I was just showing you my session for chest this week.

But your right it is more of a Lat exersise tbh...My lats need improving so i like to add it to my routine.

A tip: Point your elbows toward your toes and it will hit your pecs more

JWM said:
Peabody

Don't you feel pullovers hitting your lats more? I know Yates was a huge fan of them for pre-exhausting before pulldowns.

hugeleap

Reaction score
This is an epic thread.

Just wanted to say your hair looks awesome. Your hard work at the gym has clearly paid off judging by your physique, it's very impressive. You're an inspiration to a lot of guys on here including myself. Hopefully I'll be in the success stories section at some point too!

Cheers

biloba

Reaction score
I can't find it in the thread, so I'll ask: Peapoddy, do you apply your minoxidil after your nizoral cream on the days you use nizoral?

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
@biloba,

I stopped using nizoral ages ago! I found it was drying my hair out even using it 2 x week

For me its all about the finasteride and minoxidil

BTW my mate thinks he is noticing side effects using the dutasteride.Feeling extra tired and eyes hurt... feels in a day dream

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
peapoddy said:
@biloba,

I stopped using nizoral ages ago! I found it was drying my hair out even using it 2 x week

For me its all about the finasteride and minoxidil

BTW my mate thinks he is noticing side effects using the dutasteride.Feeling extra tired and eyes hurt... feels in a day dream

Keep us updated. It might just be sleepiness or maybe he is reading about sides and thinks that he is getting them when he really isn't (placebo effect, basically).

But if he really has sides he should be concerned. Let us know how it turns out. He might be able to switch to finasteride and just use it.

DTW

Reaction score
peapoddy - how have your gains been at the gym while on finasteride?...Has it been more difficult for you to put even MORE muscle on now, compared to when you weren't on finasteride?

K

kehcorpz

I find that my gains at the gym have accelerated since I started propecia. My strength is going up like crazy every week and i've been burning fat all all those hard to burn areas. I have changed nothing but added propecia. I'm also taking resveratrol in high doses, and nettle root as they are anti-estrogenic. Typically the bad side effects from propecia are from the increase in estrogen. I find as long as I work out and use the free testosterone I feel great and make awesome gains.

Reaction score
Congratulations on your success with your hair! Your physique is also nothing to scoff at. I was hoping you could clarify something about the supplements you are taking/have taken. In a post you made on Tue Jan 26, 2010 @ 9:09 am, you stated the following:

peapoddy said:
Shma,

The only supplement i take is whey protein.I've never taken creatine and i wouldnt go near steriods EVER... my hair wouldnt last long going on a cycle!!.I like to keep that natural look and not bulk up anymore.

I will have a look for any older pics before taking finasteride

So you said that you have never taken creatine. But then on Sat Feb 26, 2011 @ 4:27 am, you made this comment:

peapoddy said:
Hi, I'm no expert on how creatine may effect hair but all I can say is I've been using it for years now and it's been fine...

If your on finasteride or some type of DHT blocker then I don't see a problem!

Yeah I know a few people who take that Jack stuff. They swear by it before working out. For me personally, I just have a strong coffee pre- workout which works for me and is cheaper!

So which one is it? Have you never taken creatine or have you taken it for years? Seems to me you are lying about the supplements you are taking, which makes me wonder if you're lying about having used steroids as well. Based on your physique I believe it is possible that you achieved it without steroids, but your posts are very contradictory. Please clarify.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Uh oh, someone reading closely... :)

Let the man have his success. Incredible hair success, great physique congratulations!

There are plenty of girls left, don't worry :whistle:

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Trust me, creatine played no role in his success. He is either on steroids or he isn't. Creatine is not effective in helping to build muscle, it is simply placebo. You get enough of it just by eating.

Reaction score
@WillNotLetItHappen: I'm really not trying to be a dick, just trying to get clarification on the supplements he is taking for all those interested. Although, anyone who knows anything would know that supplements are probably only 5% of the battle. Unless steroids are involved, of course.

Reaction score
@TheGrayMan2001: I think you're a little misinformed about creatine, but I'm not trying to get into an argument with you about it. I do realize that creatine didn't play much of a role at all in the success of his physique, but I am just curious why he would lie about something like that. Doesn't make any sense to me.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
FingersCrossed said:
@WillNotLetItHappen: I'm really not trying to be a dick, just trying to get clarification on the supplements he is taking for all those interested. Although, anyone who knows anything would know that supplements are probably only 5% of the battle. Unless steroids are involved, of course.

No worries, wasn't being serious...
still I think his (hair) results are amazing and I'm glad he posted here to motivate us... :bravo:

Reaction score
WillNotLetItHappen said:
FingersCrossed said:

No worries, wasn't being serious...
still I think his (hair) results are amazing and I'm glad he posted here to motivate us... :bravo:

Absolutely fantastic results. I think I speak for everyone when I say that he is an inspiration for all of us still struggling with hair loss. I'm not kidding when I say that he was the reason I started the Big 3 in the first place. I am just hoping I can have a similar success story at some point. I figure I am also young (25) and hopefully it helps that I started fighting hair loss early before major damage could be done!

Status
Not open for further replies.