Peachboy74's Story

peachboy74

Reaction score
Been lurking here for about a year when I first stumbled upon the site. It’s been very helpful getting honest opinions on different strategies, as the net is full of site just wanting to push whatever product they are selling.

I’ve always has fine hair with a higher hairline but I noticed some shedding while I lived in Japan. The pillow was covered with it in the morning but I chalked it up to climate change or what not. After all I was 25 at the time (31 now) and thought that was too young to start losing ones hair. After being back for a while I really noticed it thinning, especially in photographs. Yikes what to do? Maybe I waited a bit too long just to see if things would get better on it’s own. Finally, I got over any shame and denial and started Minoxidil for about a year. I think it slowed and loss but didn’t help with regrowth.

Have a few uncles on my mom’s side that have thinned out but not bald, just really thin. It looks like hell so if I can avoid that well I have to try.

Through people’s posts and advice here and further research on the net I decided to try Proscar. Which brings me here today, joining so hopefully whatever I learn and works or doesn’t work I can pass on as others have helped me out. Just started Procrar at the beginning of November (no results yet as to be expected but also no negative side effects which is positive) and will continue with Minoxodil.

As someone advice and I took plenty of photos. Kind of depressed with the look with that bright light maybe making it look worse. Lucky I’m so tall so not many people get that view from the top. So from here we’ll just have to see the results.

A few questions:

Now should I take photos monthly or weekly, bi-weekly?

Should I stick with my regiment to wait and see for results for a certain time before adding to it?

I’d just be adding some different vitamins and herbal supplements once I figure out which ones to take.

Again thanks for all your posts.

G

Welcome Aboard Peach,

I, like you, am a newbie. Have read a whole lot of posts in the past week on here and did a ton of additional research. I ve build my regimen with a mix of FDA approved treatments and some natural ones. Check out my regimen.
Something basic I would recommend is adding a Multivitamin to yours and maybe add nizoral Shampoo (twice a week). From what I read its of paramount importance to stick to your regimen over a longer period of time and not give up/get disheartened.

That said, Goodluck with your journey !

Let the war begin...

jeffsss

Reaction score
I suggest you take a mulitivitimin.
biotin, copper peptides and t-gel shampoo wouldnt hurt either.

i also suggest you drink grape juice or red wine daily too. It is supposed to prevent gyno (uncommon side effect :roll: of finasteride)

peachboy74

Reaction score
what are copper peptides? and what do you find them in?

p.s. does that link work? been trying to figure out how to post those pictures onthe web, not sure if i did it correctly.

will add that and the nizoral Shampoo A.S.A.P.

Thanks for the advice.

peachboy74

Reaction score
6th month

heading into my 6th month on proscar.
Seemed when I stopped the Minoxidil shedding nearly stopped. Last week it was back or a few days, something like 15-30 hairs shedding.
But comparing my pictures I think there is a difference. There is a big difference on top.

I was happy to read that many have some significant regrowth in the 8-12 month stage so I'll keep going and add those copper peptides sometime this week.

Lessofarockstar

Established Member
Reaction score
stopping minoxidil stopped your shedding?
How did you experience that? Counting?
Just curious as I have always had my doubt whether or not minoxidil was doing anything for me.
I'm currently considering cutting back to one application per day.