peach+minituarized hairs on minoxidil=good thing or bad thing

Francois

Reaction score
I started kirkland minoxidil in july and now I am having ton of little peach hair that are starting to grow on my hairline. There is also several minituarized hairs that poped recently. Will these hairs become "normal" hairs in the future if I keep using minoxidil?

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are supposed to eventually grow into terminal hairs. Takes a long time though.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How many of you have actually turned the peach into terminal hairs?

I have a ton of them now in my previously bald front/temples, if they all went terminal
I'd be golden.

madhatter

Established Member
Reaction score
I got these on one of my temples after about 3 weeks on minoxidil. They are now appearing on the other temple.

Jm0311

Reaction score
Is this with foam or Kirkland? I may be switching to kirkland....

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how long do the peach hair take to turn into terminal hair??... i have lots of them but they are still very thin...

siamon

Reaction score
Yeah i am wondering the same thing.
I have been on minoxidil and finasteride for about 2 months now, and the small hair that grew in very short time are still small :( I do appreciate that i even have hair there but still is this all that i can expect?

PS: I will post my 2 month update on stories section in about 1 week(full 2 month treatment)

FreeloaderUK

Established Member
Reaction score
ive got small peach fuzz. but its pure white & only visible in bright light. got tonnes of it.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Thinking back to my own initial vellus hair, not all turned terminal, some disappeared over time and some some stayed in a half way position...

When people get transplants it takes at least 9 months for the transplanted hair to grow and feel like proper hair, as opposed to coarse and wiry...so i'd say vellus hair takes about the same amount of time

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm glad you asked that question

i also saw those small hairs sprouting all over my hairline back in january when i was two months into foam and those DID become terminal - i would say 70 percent of them!

I went from Norwood 3 to 2.5 with propecia and the minoxidil got me to a solid Norwood 2.

give those hairs sometime, they stayed vellus for the first 2-3 months before really sprouting

for others: i experienced no shedding on minoxidil and propecia~

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well I'm 15weeks in with minoxidil and many of the vellus hairs on my temples have gone terminal, I was very close to a NW3 when I began and it is now edging me back into NW2 territory! :woot: There's still plenty more remaining but I'll definitely post some pics at the 26weeks stage. I think Tricomin may be helping with my peach fuzz.