Peacemaker's DR log

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Why would I need to loosen it up? I just go ahead and butcher it. To numb the pain, I put ethyl alcohol in mid-session and then butcher it some more. Alcohol dries my scalp intensely after every session so an hour after cleaning everything up, I put moisturizer on the butchered areas and voila!

Because you may just be butchering your skin as opposed to having a permeable surface that your dermaroller might be able to more easily penetrate and reach the deeper layers of your scalp where the stem cells and hair follicles are.

peacemaker

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just did my 3rd roll today and up to now there hasn't been any obstacles that would prevent me from continuing this method. As I said in my first post, I will be waiting till the end of 3rd week to post comparison pics (which is in a few days). However, there ARE some drawbacks to this method, which I feel the need to report to you guys:

1- It's very hard to hide the redness that you get from DRing in the following 1-2 days, especially if you don't have long hair to cover the red areas or if you interact with a lot of people during the day. Right now for example, I am contemplating what my hair style should look like tomorrow so that I would be able to look good & not reveal my DRing.
2- You might experience some hearing loss for 2-3 days, especially if you butcher yourself as hard as I do. I think 2young2retire experienced this and he said that it was due to the enlargement of your nodules around your ear canal. He might be right as I had this 2-3 days after I DRed. However, it goes away in a few days as well.

Other than those, it gets easier each time you derma roll. My skin was much softer (even in the temple areas) compared to before and I used much less alcohol to numb the skin.

This is all for now and wait for my pics that I will post in just a few days! I have some slight gains, which I will share with my pics. Please note that currently I am NOT using any supplements, but only DRing!

Cheers!

peacemaker

Banned
Reaction score
I just noticed some pin-point scars one day after my last session. Hope they will pass!

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Any inputs on them would be appreciated!

2young2retire

Experienced Member
Reaction score
alcohol wipe the blood drops. dont let them make scabs. they will go away in some days. nth to worry about.

peacemaker

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you guys for your input.

Now, it has been 3 weeks since I started with DRing and I wanted to share my first comparison pics. I will only share my left temple pics for now because I went really hard on my right temple and its messed up since the last session. Also, my right side kind of resists to the treatment.

Here are some comparison pics:

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

Here are both new and old pics side by side for comparison:

compare_2.jpg

I wouldn't say that there's cosmetic improvement yet, but I am seeing new hairs in the upper temporal region that are thin, but long. Also, in the lower temporal region, which I neglected to derma roll in the beginning, I see very thin hairs that are longer than vellus hairs. They are not dense enough though. Hopefully, the new hairs will get denser and thicker, which will provide a cosmetic difference.

I know these are not the best comparison pics, but I do not have professional equipment; i just use my phone for the pics. It is really hard to adjust the same angle to take photos.

Also, please note that the comparison pic above does not show as big as I expected. So what you can do is to download both the baseline and the new pics and view them together on your computer.

peacemaker

Banned
Reaction score
It might be the angle, but it looks like you have lost.

No I zoomed in a bit more in the second pic to highlight the growing thin hairs. To best compare, you should look at the large version of the first baseline pic that I posted and the last pic that I posted.

peacemaker

Banned
Reaction score
I will be happy to continue updating if this thread will not end up being locked like others. I have been busy thinking of starting a new blog and posting a link here for you guys to see my progress.

--
Update for now: I had my 4th session on Tuesday. It was supposed to be on Saturday, but could not find the time for some reason. I was feeling like crap because I thought I the new hairs would be affected by the DHT in my scalp. However, on Monday and Tuesday, I was impressed to witness new hairs coming in. Hence, I came to this conclusion: you don't have to have a tight schedule for DRing. Once you DR, it continues to help your scalp even after 9-10 days. I might actually wait more now between sessions with the 2mm. 2 weeks might be ideal.

Since my 3rd session, I have noticed that the first hairs that appeared after I started DRing are now becoming thicker and they seem like terminal hairs now. Also, the density in the previously hairless areas increased. There are a lot of thin, but long hairs that are not vellus, but not terminal yet (As I told you before). I am also starting to see cosmetic improvement as well. I will post photo updates soon (or post a link where you guys can follow my progress depending on the admins' reaction)

- - - Updated - - -

This is where I am at the moment:

photo 1.jpg

As you can see the top of my left temple is thickening. There used to be one terminal hair standing outside alone. But now it is surrounded by other terminals as well. If you look further below, there are really thin hairs that are slowly beginning to emerge. If these thicken like the ones up the temples, I will be pretty close to Norwood 1 I guess.

I am currently very happy with the state of my hair. I can finally have a short hair cut and comb my hair to the side, which is the hairstyle that I like. Btw if admins don't like that I update my thread, I can continue with my log on another blog and post a link here.

I will post a 2nd comparison picture on the 2nd 3rd week mark, which is 2 weeks from today.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
I will be happy to continue updating if this thread will not end up being locked like others.

The other threads have not only been locked but completely removed. Every single post of hundreds, even if it wasn't about you know what was deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.