Paulee's Story

Paulee

Reaction score
Hi there, my name's Paul and i'm a 28 year old musician from Birmingham UK.

I was bron with Asperger's syndrome, it consequently meant that i was viciously bullied throughout my life, and even with normal folk, i didn't fit in. This caused an unbelievable amount of pain and many lingering mental health problems, depression, anxiety etc.

I was on a very long journey to 1. Learn all the social skills and the art of being human, so that i could fit in better and stop feeling sub-human, a "full person". 2. Get over my mental health troubles and be happy.

I had almost succeeded in reaching my goals when i noticed my hair starting to fall out, and it has consequently ruined my life again, i'm either crying or in a deep pit of depression most of the time.

I managed to cover up the problem at first, using special blow drying techniques and thickening serum, but it's subsequently got worse and i'm finding my long-ish hairstyle is not working anymore.

I should add that i'm rather effeminate, and my big mop of hair has always been my defining feature, without it, i feel like a frail old man, fit for nothing but the grave. My amount of hairloss might be fine for most men, they'd probably just cut it shorter, but for me it's devastating. Thankfully, nothing is being lost on the top, that would be a double whammy.

I always knew that i'd be devastated if i lost my hair but reasoned "surely God wouldn't take the hair off someone who's had a life as bad as mine" but no he did...i'm atheist by the way. The whole thing is making me not want to leave the house, meet people. Especially young people, they're better than me, they have more hair.

Anyhow i'm pretty devastated and suicidal all the time, it's really affecting my ability to live day to day. My girlfriend is incredibly worried and crying alot of the time. I've ordered some mane to try and cover everything up, however there is a very negative psychological stigma attached to using it, i feel.

I've been reading these forums, and have joined up as i really need support at the moment. I've also bought Spex's set of modules to help us do as much research in the shortest time possible.

We're looking into transplants, as far as i can tell, Dr Farjo seems to be the best in the UK, though not in the same league as the Americans? Spex has recommended Dr Feller and to be honest flying isn't a problem for me so am open to travelling anywhere for the right transplant.

I'm gonna start taking some finasteride to try and stop my hairline where it is, though, looking at my Dad, i don't think i have much more left to lose, and he has kept all of his top. Im probably NW2 ish so i'm trying to tell myself all is not lost. I'm also seeking psychiatric help.

Whatever we do it'll have to be as quick as possible, the suicidal/devastated feelings grow within me every day and i fear i won't last much longer.

Thank you for listening to my story. Sorry if it was sporadic and not cohesive.

Paulee <3

setala

Reaction score
Re: Hello everyone

Paulee said:
Hi there, my name's Paul and i'm a 28 year old musician from Birmingham UK.

I was bron with Asperger's syndrome, it consequently meant that i was viciously bullied throughout my life, and even with normal folk, i didn't fit in. This caused an unbelievable amount of pain and many lingering mental health problems, depression, anxiety etc.

I was on a very long journey to 1. Learn all the social skills and the art of being human, so that i could fit in better and stop feeling sub-human, a "full person". 2. Get over my mental health troubles and be happy.

I had almost succeeded in reaching my goals when i noticed my hair starting to fall out, and it has consequently ruined my life again, i'm either crying or in a deep pit of depression most of the time.

I managed to cover up the problem at first, using special blow drying techniques and thickening serum, but it's subsequently got worse and i'm finding my long-ish hairstyle is not working anymore.

I should add that i'm rather effeminate, and my big mop of hair has always been my defining feature, without it, i feel like a frail old man, fit for nothing but the grave. My amount of hairloss might be fine for most men, they'd probably just cut it shorter, but for me it's devastating. Thankfully, nothing is being lost on the top, that would be a double whammy.

I always knew that i'd be devastated if i lost my hair but reasoned "surely God wouldn't take the hair off someone who's had a life as bad as mine" but no he did...i'm atheist by the way. The whole thing is making me not want to leave the house, meet people. Especially young people, they're better than me, they have more hair.

Anyhow i'm pretty devastated and suicidal all the time, it's really affecting my ability to live day to day. My girlfriend is incredibly worried and crying alot of the time. I've ordered some mane to try and cover everything up, however there is a very negative psychological stigma attached to using it, i feel.

I've been reading these forums, and have joined up as i really need support at the moment. I've also bought Spex's set of modules to help us do as much research in the shortest time possible.

We're looking into transplants, as far as i can tell, Dr Farjo seems to be the best in the UK, though not in the same league as the Americans? Spex has recommended Dr Feller and to be honest flying isn't a problem for me so am open to travelling anywhere for the right transplant.

I'm gonna start taking some finasteride to try and stop my hairline where it is, though, looking at my Dad, i don't think i have much more left to lose, and he has kept all of his top. Im probably NW2 ish so i'm trying to tell myself all is not lost. I'm also seeking psychiatric help.

Whatever we do it'll have to be as quick as possible, the suicidal/devastated feelings grow within me every day and i fear i won't last much longer.

Thank you for listening to my story. Sorry if it was sporadic and not cohesive.

Paulee <3

Before taking finastrade, suggest you study little more about this drug.
No doubt, finastrade can potentially halt your hair loss, and I understand
how desperate you're now.But, PFS would be the last thing you wanna have in your life.(Yes, Im fu*ked by propecia..) There are numbers of safe and effective treatments other than finastrade..Maybe you can give em a try first..
Cheers!

Paulee

Reaction score
no doubt mate, the finasteride side effects look horrible so i'll be checking all other options first.

I got some Mane today in my colour and tried it out, a couple of sprays and my problem disappeared in seconds, and the sealer will stop my hair blowin in the wind, i feel this will be a handy crutch whilst i take in all the options.

sorry if my post was excessively negative earlier, i was in a very low mood.