Paul1234's Story - ( 48 /Any advice?)

paul1234

Reaction score
Hi there. Just found this forum so here is my story and I would love any opinions.

I am 48 and really suffered no hairloss at all until I was about 35. since then i tried minoxidil a few times but it always seemed to make my head itch.

My hairloss has really probably been quite slow until the last year or so when it started to thin out alot on top, but i have kept it at the crown.

So i started back on the minoxidil but just once a day at night and also started on finesteride 1mg per day.

Now i know that it is really early days but i can't determin if things are responding in a good way, or bad way really. I do have lots of hair that I can see in between what i would call my good hair, but the hair just seems very thin compared to my normal hair.

My questions i suppose are, can this thin new hair ever really thicken out, or is this new hair really just part of the thinning process and its really just my good hair being replaced by this thin hair until that falls out and is gone forever.

i ask this question because when i wash my hair and look in the bath the hair that i find always seems to be the thin hair.

thankyou for your time and i would appreciate any comments