Parasites and hair loss

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
I found this pretty interesting, another explanation of why SOME people lose hair.

CANDIDA AND PARASITES

The same yeast that causes vaginal yeast infections can cause hair loss. This yeast lives in the intestinal tract and is normal in small amounts. Antibiotics, stress, high sugar diets and other factors can cause this yeast to overgrow out of control. Both Candida and Parasites rob the body of nutrition. They live in the intestines and eat our food. Further, they prevent your body from absorbing vitamins, minerals and proteins necessary for hair growth.

The correct parasite and candida elimination program can many times reverse the hair loss problem. However many candida and parasite programs fail. You must make sure that the program you are doing is effective.

For those of you who think I misinterpret everything I read or hear, I'll leave the url to website where I found this.

http://www.health-truth.com/articles/breakthrough03.asp

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup, all of this stuff combined amounts to 1% of men with hairloss. Probably less. So, "SOME" people is right.

Are you trying to convince yourself that you don't have male pattern baldness by trying to find all these other excuses/alternative "reasons" men can lose their hair?
Your chance of actually having one of these illnesses/conditions in RELATION to your hairloss is less than winning the lottery six times in one year, dude.

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am trying to convince myself I don't have male pattern baldness, as two dermatologists have told me I don't have it.

I found another site ( I don't remember the URL) that listed many of the symptoms that come with a parasite infenction. I have almost all of them.

I really don't think my hair loss is male pattern baldness. You can tell me it is as much as you want, but I just don't think it is. For me, once a hair falls out, no minaturized hair regrows. You can tell me I wrong about that too if you want, but I check daily where hairs fall out and nothing and no smaller hairs have ever regrown. I've only been losing hair for about 10 months, and I have never had minaturized hairs grow in. I have a bad case of dermatitis, maybe if psoriaris, on my scalp, and products such as Nizoral 2%, Selenium Sullfide, Clobetsal Proponate, and Olux Foam have never helped clear my scalp up. At one point, my scalp stunk of yeast as well, which leads back to the possible parasite infenction. By the way, my parasite infenctions started around the same time as my hair thinning. 8 months of finasteride hasn't done a thing for me, so I'm thinking maybe it just isnt male pattern baldness.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes, this is true, actually we just got done studying candida yeast and parasitic infections in my med school class, but i think all people are trying to say here is that these are very RARE causes of hairloss, and intestinal parasite infections, syphillis, whatever else causes hairloss you often (not always) have other symptoms associated with them, not just hair falling out. candida, yes is found everywhere in the gut of some people in low frequencies, but TYPICALLY it takes an elderly, newborn, or some underlying immune system defect, or other underlying problem like diabetes or endocrinopathies for them to truly get out of hand. if you've been eating a ton of uncooked meat or have AIDS or been taking immunosuppressive drugs due to leukemia/organ transplant you are probably okay here, its not usually healthy 20 year olds that get candida infections. if you really think you have one of these infections go see a doctor, the people on this forum won't be able to help you or give you the right antiparasitic/candida drugs.

on the other hand, i understand you are angry because people are blowing off your claims, but people here are trying to HELP you, its important to understand that you probably have male pattern baldness, and there are good drugs out there to treat them and you need to start now! and not waste time in denial about what it might actually be. so if you really think you have some underlying problem, elminate ALL other possibilities, but until you discover its something else, if i were you i would take the more likely one, and get on propecia while you are sorting out other possibilities.

good luck man.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey, sorry i didn't see your last post about a scalp infection, dude if you have an overgrowing scalp infection and your hair is falling out where the growth is, yes dude that could definitely be the cause. from your other posts it just really seemed like you were reaching for another cause, hoping it wasn't male pattern baldness, so we were just trying to get you to get on some treatment for that and didn't want you to waste more time searching for some other cause. these things can totally be cured and as long as you don't have scarring you'll be fine.

i apologize.

Free Bird

Reaction score
I read the article. Does anyone know what kind of hormones are given to treat a Low Thyroid condition? Just for curiosity's sake, would finasteride help or hurt someone with that condition if it went undiagnosed?

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
I can run my hands through my hair at any point of the day, and many healthy hairs will fall out. Every time. I can get hundreds out no probelm, without any effort.

I can sit at my desk, with a blank, white peice of paper infront of me. I'll rub my hair and yup, I can fill the page with hairs. I have always been like this.

In high school, after a shower, the tub would be flooded with my hair and I always remember thinking something like cancer, or some other sickness, but never male pattern baldness for some reason.

10 years later nonetheless, same thing. At 26, my temples receded a bit, and that's what got me on propecia. Since then, I have not progressed one bit. I still have a full head with zero thinning, and I don't know if it's Propecia or not, but I'm not getting off of it yet. My hairline is a little suspect, looks thin from some angles, so I'll stay on the meds, and as a result, it gives me a valid reason to be a member here.

What I'm trying to say is, even with a full head of hair, we still lose LOTS of it per day- hundreds, easily. We just don't know it because it either blows away in the wind or is just dropped all over the place at work, school, etc. IT IS NORMAL!

So Mark, do you have a full head of hair? No receding, no thinning? If so, then you shouldn't be worrying about hairloss, because it's normal.

If you are receding somewhat or are thinning, then stay on the meds and try to not let denial overtake your decisions- sure, you might have other conditions that are CONTRIBUTING to your hairloss, but that doesn't mean that along with all your illnesses that you do not ALSO have male pattern baldness. You can have both.

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah....as for my scalp....

I literally have CHUNKS of yellowish/brown (ironic that those are two of my school colors) coming out at all times in my hair. Usually when hair falls out, it has a chunk of that crap stuck on the end of it. If i look through my hair, I can see my scalp is lined with it, and I can even "dig" some of it off if I want to....but then it comes off in layers, and there is a very strange sensation when I do that, so I refrain from that.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
marksb11 said:
I really don't think my hair loss is male pattern baldness. You can tell me it is as much as you want, but I just don't think it is.
Maybe you should begin posting on another forum then. We tend to focus on people with Male Pattern Baldness here, and if you are convinced you don't have it, posting here won't do you or our users much good.

marksb11 said:
For me, once a hair falls out, no minaturized hair regrows.
It is physically impossible for you to track a single hair, especially after it falls out and nothing is left but skin.

If you have a serious skin infection on your head, go to a dermatologist, and get treated for it. Period. You claim you've already been to 4 dermatologists and they told you that you dont have male pattern baldness. Yet for some reason you were put on Propecia. VERY ODD.

If your hair loss is not male pattern baldness, not only do you not need to be posting here, but you can simply go get treated and that should result in restored hair.

HairLossTalk.com

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dude, make a doctors appointment now. if that sh*t scars it could be permanent. if you already went to a dermatologist and they didn't give you good treatment yet, find a different one, the nizoral may not be working because there is a decent amount of drug-resistant candida out there, especially to the azole drugs like the ketoconazole, plus it could be some other type of infection. go see a doctor, we probably can't help you anymore.

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
Rawbbie-

My hair loss is diffuse. It is about 1/3 of the density it was prior to when I started noticing my hair loss. So yes, I am actually losing hair and not seeing hair all around and wondering if i am losing hair. I can no longer spike my hair up and use hair styling products because it clearly shows my scalp. That never used to a problem.

HairlossTalk-

I am not trying to cause trouble, but I get the feeling you are trying to get rid of me. Let me tell you something....everyday I get so depressed and stressed about my hair to the point where I can no longer do my work ( my grades are starting to slip). The only relief I get during the day is coming onto this forum, reading posts and posting my thoughts and get responses. People on this forum, Trent8 for example, have been able to give me answers for things other than male pattern baldness.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Rawbbie said:
Yup, all of this stuff combined amounts to 1% of men with hairloss.
Correct.

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
marksb11 said:
everyday I get so depressed and stressed about my hair to the point where I can no longer do my work ( my grades are starting to slip). The only relief I get during the day is coming onto this forum, reading posts and posting my thoughts and get responses. People on this forum, Trent8 for example, have been able to give me answers for things other than male pattern baldness.
The problem is you are stating incorrect, misinformation as fact all over these forums and that actually compromises the quality of the information we provide here. I realize you think you are a 1% person with a parasite problem. That is fine. However you have said much more than this. Sharing your story and getting support is one thing. You've taken it a step further in several threads by expressing completely false theories and saying that you don't care if you're wrong.

My concern is first and foremost to educate people on the facts surrounding hair loss. So what you are doing directly opposes that. You have to remember that for every post you make, there are 50 to 100 people who surf through here and never post .... and they read your theories without knowing if you are right or wrong .. and they walk away from these forums with wrong information. Its those people that I am concerned about.

We welcome everyone with every type of hair loss to post here, but please keep it to sharing your thoughts and concerns. Multi posting in multiple threads and starting new topics every 5 minutes expressing that 99% of hair loss is not MBP (etc) only serves to ruin these forums.

Please be more careful in what you say.

HairLossTalk.com

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dude, no one in here is trying to get rid of you. this site is to help people out. but i think he probably has dealt with a lot of people that come on here screaming about stress and parasites and diet, and Fe deficiency that is causing their hairloss, and the truth is, that isn't what's causing a guy in their twenties who lives in a developed country to lose hair, it just isn't, i'm sure you eat okay and don't go days without eating, and i'm sure the food you eat is cooked properly and meat has more than enough Fe in it so you're fine there.

if you're scalp is coming off in pieces, that's different, but i just didn't even remember you mentioning your scalp was coming off along with the hair when you first starting saying stuff like male pattern baldness is 99.9 % of the time not the cause, so naturally we don't want newbies to get the wrong idea from your posts because they come here for guidance, because male pattern baldness is almost always the cause of someone like you to be losing your hair. and its not uncommon to lose a ton in a short time, eight months, like you. look at me, i had basically perfect hair, and lost a TON in like three months due to male pattern baldness. so just relax man, do your homework on hairloss, make sure the websites you are going to are reputable, go see a doctor about your scalp. its that simple. just be very careful when you print exteremly uncommon causes of hairloss and then get mad when people tell that's not what's going on with you. i feel your pain with the depression, we all do to some extent. keep your chin up.

Axon

Reaction score
Mark,

All due respect, I hope that you are not kidding yourself here. Don't be like me; I let too many years slide by before accepting that I had male pattern baldness and treating it. Believe me, I thought some bizarre sh*t as well. But had I started my regimen at 21 and not 23, I'd have a full head of hair.

I cannot say that that site appears to be a source I'd consider valid, and by that I mean it's not exactly PubMed.

If you'd post some photos, you'd be more apt to get a positive response. Until then, you'll be met mostly with skepticism from what it generally a group of hard core science-and-fact-based posters.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Axon said:
I let too many years slide by before accepting that I had male pattern baldness and treating it. Believe me, I though some bizarre sh*t as well.

Amen to that.....mine started at 24 I looked to blame just about everything else from the supplements I was taking to hair dye for the first couple years of my hairloss. I even had a Dr tell me well if it's not in your family then it's probably only temporary.

GUess what?....it was male pattern baldness

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't have a digital camera or a scanner at school. I'll scavenge for some photos from my friends, and post what I can. I'm not sure how to post images anyway, so if you could tell me, that would be good.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Marksb11,

I know about Candida. My grandfather had it in his last months before passing on.

If you had Candida, you would know it... and for reasons other than just losing your hair.