Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Solo said:
It´s as good as it seems??

What the f*** is it??

When Is gonna be in the market??

I looked up http://www.regenerx.com

Here is some hope "accelerates hair growth in existing hair follicles by promoting the migration of stem cells to the base of the follicles, amongst other events." "may provide a new theraputic approach for treating alopecia and other skin disorders associated with hair loss."

They have only tested on lab animals of course, so say a prayer for those suffering little ones who probably get shaved and stabbed to find cures for all kinds of human suffering.
Is there anyone in our community who wants to volunteer to be a lab rat for regenerx? Of course, nearly all of us!
Boru

jambri

Established Member
Reaction score
leespharm.com were developing a topical gel containing TB4, which was originally due to be released in 2005. I asked them, and the release date has been delayed six months - 1 year:

Thank you for your interest in our TB4 product.

In viewing of the current development status, the Group is expected to file the registration for this product in our region by Mid-2006 and launch on the market by end-2006. Since the experiment is still going on to improve the stability, penetration effectiveness on the product, there are many unknown data for the moment and sorry that we are not prepared to disclose further information on this product.

michael barry

Reaction score
only problem that I see with this is using mouse models for hair growth and testing a substance on them instead of human trialists.

NO ANIMAL has an immuno component to their balding like we do (that we know of). There is androgenic balding in the animal world (mice, rodents, apes) but their immune systems do not attack their follicles. This is why things like minoxidil grow ALOT of hair on balding mice, but just a little back on us. THe immune system would still keep attacking the follicles even with a treatment that got stem cells to act a little faster. The immune system would still be trying to destroy the microcapillaries that feed the follicle, hardening the skin (and collagen) around the follicle, causing streamers of scar tissue to form under the follicle, pushing it upwards.

Boru, my idea on how to fight baldness is when if first starts....get on propecia, get on a good androgen receptor blocker or topical DHT inhitor also. You want the follicle's androgen receptors to transcript castration levels of DHT. Then to use a superoxide dismutase product like Prox-N, tricomin, folligen, american crew to counteract the superoxide attack. Good nutrition, soy isoflavone genistein (to make less androgen receptors and vitamin bsix for the same reason). Id also use nizoral a couple of times a week.

To get hair back is much more complicated though. Proboably not possible to get much back to be honest. Follicle is just to scarred/altered by immuno-attack and shrunk.