Painful Ejaculation On finasteride - Thoughts Welcome

subterfuge

Reaction score
Anyone else experienced painful ejaculation on finasteride?

It started at about day 5, and still remains at 3.5 months.

The pain is worse the longer I go without 'release'

My only other side is watery semen which I gather to be very common, although it seems that in almost everyone, it resolves itself within a few weeks, whereas this side also remains for me at 3.5 months.

Wanted to hear from anyone who experiences this and what ended up happening.

I was hoping to stay on finasteride for at least a year to see if I get any regrowth, although I'm slightly concerned about wrecking my body permanently!

cheers

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride causes prostatitis?

Would prostatitis show up in a urine test?

cheers
I am not sure if there are studies showing this but there are lot of anecdotal reports. I have chronic prostatitis but I can't prove that the Finasteride caused it. The key is combating it before it becomes chronic. It could potentially be bacterial prostatitis and perhaps antibiotics could take care of the issue. This is just a guess though and I am not qualified to give you advise.

Again I recommend seeing a urologist if you are still having the issue. Good luck.

Oh Yea?

Established Member
Reaction score
Happened to me as well I also had the same feeling when I cycled...feels like your nuts are twisted...it goes away.

subterfuge

Reaction score
Happened to me as well I also had the same feeling when I cycled...feels like your nuts are twisted...it goes away.
I don't have that sensation.
The feeling is one that feel like your sperm is made out of marbles that are trying to squeeze through a pinhole at the point you very first start to ejaculate, so you feel it kind of near the perineum area,

subterfuge

Reaction score
I am not sure if there are studies showing this but there are lot of anecdotal reports. I have chronic prostatitis but I can't prove that the Finasteride caused it. The key is combating it before it becomes chronic. It could potentially be bacterial prostatitis and perhaps antibiotics could take care of the issue. This is just a guess though and I am not qualified to give you advise.

Again I recommend seeing a urologist if you are still having the issue. Good luck.

Thanks.
I will go to see my GP.
How would I know if it became 'chronic'?
And would that effect how it is treated?
Have you had the same symptom as me?
Any idea how they will diagnose me? Please tell me it's not an internal exam! lol

PS - I actually spoke to someone today who had the exact same issue after starting finasteride.
He went to his Doctor to get checked for infection etc and got an 'all clear'
The Doctor told him that it was just a side effect of the finasteride and that it was up to him whether he stayed on the drug or not.

I'll still get it checked out, although I imagine that I will get the same diagnosis

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't have that sensation.
The feeling is one that feel like your sperm is made out of marbles that are trying to squeeze through a pinhole at the point you very first start to ejaculate, so you feel it kind of near the perineum area,
Yeah this is the exact feeling. Are you getting ED from it? Happened with me over time.

Hot epson salt baths help. D-Mannose and Chlorophyll. I have been fighting it for over a year. Please update us with what your Dr says.

subterfuge

Reaction score
Yeah this is the exact feeling. Are you getting ED from it? Happened with me over time.

Hot epson salt baths help. D-Mannose and Chlorophyll. I have been fighting it for over a year. Please update us with what your Dr says.

What's your story?
Did finasteride give you these sides?
How long after the painful ejaculation did you get ED?
Do you still have ED?
How bad was it? Were you unable to get hard when watching p**rn for example?
Did you come off of finasteride after you got ED?

I maybe feel a little less horny, although when I get hard, I feels as though it's probably as hard as ever.

I'd likely quit finasteride if I experienced full on ED and pray that it fixed itself!