pain in the balls question.......

uratramp1

Reaction score
hi guys...i have been using finasteride and minoxidil for 7 months, and 10 months, respectively. I am 23, and the idea is 2 maintain what hair i have . I have seen great results at the hair line - a similar hair line to what it was a few years ago. The crown is a problem....but it is still early days..... I have a question relating to finasteride -I experience a little pain - every now and then in the testicles...have fellow finasteride users experienced such 'pain'?, & if so, what have they done to eradicate it (serious replys only thanks). Thank U all & keep up the good work!! 8)

bombscience

Reaction score
uratramp1 said:
hi guys...i have been using finasteride and minoxidil for 7 months, and 10 months, respectively. I am 23, and the idea is 2 maintain what hair i have . I have seen great results at the hair line - a similar hair line to what it was a few years ago. The crown is a problem....but it is still early days..... I have a question relating to finasteride -I experience a little pain - every now and then in the testicles...have fellow finasteride users experienced such 'pain'?, & if so, what have they done to eradicate it (serious replys only thanks). Thank U all & keep up the good work!! 8)

How intense is the pain? Your mind could be a little hypersenstitive to the fact that you are on a medication. I wouldn't rule that out. Otherwise, no I dont get pain in my balls.

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
Check your balls with your hands. And see if there's anything different from one ball to the other. If not it might be the finasteride.

uratramp1

Reaction score
uratramp1....is thankfully reaping the rewards of a simple 2 carryout regime...it could be that i am a bit hypersenstive, perhaps. The pain is not acute, i just feel a little er, something when sitting down - finding it quite difficult 2 explain the pain....I am sure U guys can imagine......having said this - i can live with it, IF i can maintain the hair i have already - my father was bald by the age 0f 28/29.....so that is a great motivating factor. Bless U all 4 reading! 8)

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Yes small aching in the balls is a side effect of propecia for some users. HairLossTalk.com said he experienced the same thing. He said that it would happen like once a month or so, and eventually go away. do a search for his name and this ailment and see what he says. Anyways, if you noticed it enough to post on here about it, then you are probably not imagining it.

jrw

Reaction score
I also am 23 and had the same problem when I was on propecia. They felt sore alot, and sometime I had painful urination. I quit taking it after 3 months because it wasnt getting better, and started using spironolactone with dr lee's xandrox. I also have ordered revivogen, as I read that spironolactone and revivogen together do the work of propecia, if not more effectively(I think HairLossTalk.com offered this suggestion)

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had similar pains form finasteride, it wasn't a bad pain but a little annoying when it happens over the course of the day. I got the pain for the first two weeks of use, and then it went away. I've read that this is attributed to the extra testosterone going through your body when the DHT is reduced.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I, too, have experienced this, and still do from time to time. It is in my left ball only, and feels as if it is being sqeezed EVER so gently, sort of in slow pulses (like a squeeze every 1 or 2 seconds). But it isn't really a "pain", just a slight slight discomfort when it does occur. So slight that if I am concentrating on something else, I almost don't know it is even there.

It usually happens for 5 minutes, then goes away.

Try working out, lifting weights, maybe to balance the testosterone. They say testosterone is used to form muscle, so when you do something that initiates the process of building muscle, that should mean that it goes to that effect, rather than just sitting idle. Just a theory. Try it.

It is worse/more frequent when I wear boxers. Try wearing briefs instead for a while if you aren't already. Maybe it isn't something that just happens internally, but is just a sensitivity thing, and if you protect your boys by keeping close to the body with briefs, they will feel better. Maybe. Try it.

But you aren't alone, and it shouldn't be an issue. Hope not for my sake, too. =)

Good luck.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
i had pretty bad ache, especially after ejaculation for the first 2 weeks, but then it went away. i actually haven't heard of the pain lasting 7+ months.

morphuesX

Reaction score
yep!!..i definitely experienced the pain in the balls things in the first few weeks..but it subsided on its own..it wasnt that much really..i probably wouldnt have noticed it had i not read about it here

uratramp1

Reaction score
just like 2 give an update 2 members (like they give a sh*t), that i have taken the advice of a fellow member....& have ditched the BOXER SHORTS...& bought some designer 'enhancing' Y-FRONTS :oops: ....seems 2 have done the trick....no more pain in the balls 4 this TRAMP! :D

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rock on!! Glad to hear it.

And yeah I give a sh*t, if for no other reason than having reassurance that briefs are indeed a good way to aleviate the pain. Like I said, worked for me. But also because no man should have to endure pain like that!

Now on to bigger battles with the whole hair thing. Good luck.