Oxylight may help in hair regrowth

blockhead

Reaction score
I've been on propecia for 3 months and just switched over to dutasteride 10 days ago. Well also for past two weeks I've been using this device called the Oxylight. It stimulates blood flow to the skin and oxygenates the skin cells according to the makers. It isn't made for hairloss, but is a cosmetic product designed to expedite facial creams into the skins' surface and help skin health. I bought this thinking that it might help work the minoxidil into my scalp. The device is really wierd. It's a little machine with a tiny glass plasma ball at the end. It lights up orange and when you put it on your skin it makes a smell that smells alot like the air that comes out of the Ionic Breeze. It definitely stimulates the skin, giving my whole face a rosey appearence. And then there's the results.

Along my hairline I have tiny black velous hairs sprouting up. This is really exciting for me, because I actually had very fine almost invisible hairs come up the first month I was on propecia, but they never advanced in length or size. But for the two weeks that I've been using this oxylight they've thickened and grown in length. Now I can't be 100 percent certain it's becasue of the oxylight, it very well may be the dutasteride, but I never expected results that fast. In two weeks time I had some peach fuzz that I could only see in very bright light and holding a mirror an inch from my head to having noticeable little hairs that I can see standing a two feet from the mirror. The hairs are still very tiny and I don't know how much more that they will thicken, but I am very hopeful. It's also worth noting that I've been using prescription 12.5% minoxidil on my hairline for four months and its only been in the past two weeks that I've seen any significant growth on my hairline.

I use it after I put the minoxidil on my scalp. I use not just on my hairline but on my entire scalp. Another positive benefit of it that I've found is that it makes my hair have more body and it doesn't fall as limp as it usually does. It gives my hair a real puffy look which for me, I like. Also my face is looking alot more youthful.

Google search oxylight if you want to check it out. A bunch of sites sell it. I got mine from organichealthandbeauty.com but I'm not endorsing that site; it may be cheaper on another site.