Overthis' Story - ( 22 )

overthis

Reaction score
Hey guys,
seems that everyone on here has some good and helpful information. I was seeing if you guys could help me out. Ive been noticing my hair slowly thinning over the years and am getting kind of worried.I currently have no regimen, so if you think something would help my current hair status that would be great.thanks.

Attachments

• iii 001.JPG
    iii 001.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 194
  • iii 002.JPG
    iii 002.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 183
  • iii 003.JPG
    iii 003.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 186
  • iii 004.JPG
    iii 004.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 181

cuebald

Reaction score
I find it too early to tell myself.
The hairline looks like an average mature hairline, but I can't tell much about the thinning.

Has your density always been like that or was it super-thick before?
I think I'd hold off on meds and see what it's like in 6 months myself. Maybe if it worries you, grab some cheap generic finasteride and see how that works.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair still looks in really great shape, you'll probably get a few people saying your crown is thinning but seriously,at that length + flash or even without flash you will always see some scalp, people seem to forget that. Keep a close watch on it but in the end its up to you on what you should do. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Axl_Rose said:
Your hair still looks in really great shape, you'll probably get a few people saying your crown is thinning but seriously,at that length + flash or even without flash you will always see some scalp, people seem to forget that. Keep a close watch on it but in the end its up to you on what you should do. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

You call that great shape? His hair is as bad as mine.

p.s. The flash sh*t is bogus. I can turn my head to the side and take a picture and the flash will make the hair on my side of my head seem balding, but the hair on the top of my head look ok cause its shadowed and darker.

I'm pretty sure the only thing wrong with your hair is temples, not overall difuse thining.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
You call that great shape? His hair is as bad as mine.

Your hair must be in pretty good shape then.

WorldofWarcraft said:
p.s. The flash sh*t is bogus. I can turn my head to the side and take a picture and the flash will make the hair on my side of my head seem balding, but the hair on the top of my head look ok cause its shadowed and darker.
Yeah..and your point? That's what I'm saying, because of the angle he took the pic on his crown, and at that length with flash it looks like its thinning, same as the example you gave about the side of your head. I never said he had any thinning.

overthis

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.Im just gonna wait a little while longer and if gets worse i'll look into a regimen. thanks again.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
What's your family history in relation to male pattern baldness?

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
hey overthis,
if you think you're losing it, you probably are losing it.
i think your temples are in trouble and your top is thinning. start treatment if you haven't started.

and please don't waste your life infront of mirror, trying to count your hair.

astros148

Established Member
Reaction score
i would try out .5 mg of finasteride and see what happens. dont go the minoxidil route yet

overthis

Reaction score
thanks. whats the best finasteride to get? is there any differenc between propecia and proscar?