Overharvesting In Fue Hair Transplant Common Or Not

Wagwan1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

I have booked for fue in the summer around 2000-2500, but have a concern. In some cases there are incidents where the donor area looks like moths have nested there.

- Is this common in fue? How does one make sure that does not happen?

As the front could always be covered with a system if it went wroong but a moth donor back cannot, so if anyone is knowledable please share

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who did you book the FUE with? For 2000-2500 grafts it should not be an issue, but particularly with motorized FUE tools I have seen horrific results from many, even high end surgeons like Rahal.

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
I think overharvesting is under reported. I feel like whenever I see somebody who had FUE I can always tell from the back of their head.

Wagwan1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its with Dr Eberson in amsterdam.

Yeah in some cases you can see a Fue has been done just by observing the donor area, but I guess that is where the skill of the surgeon comes into practice.

Also the people who do there procedures abroad do they wear a cap when on plane or better can you wear a cap straight after procedure?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its with Dr Eberson in amsterdam.

Yeah in some cases you can see a Fue has been done just by observing the donor area, but I guess that is where the skill of the surgeon comes into practice.

Also the people who do there procedures abroad do they wear a cap when on plane or better can you wear a cap straight after procedure?

Don't bother with a cap. Just watch out for yourself and be careful with it. People seeing it isn't a big deal, and chances are your face will swell up so you'll look like a mutant anyway. Accept it and forget the cap. Minimal touching is ideal.