Overdosage of ketoconazole? Revita + Nizoral Cream

Hairloss_in_bed

Reaction score
Hi i have been using Revita shampoo on a daily basis which contains ketoconazole (1%).. and just a couple of days ago i started nizoral cream ketoconazole (2%) after bathing.

Do you guys think that i am overkilling my scalp with ketoconazole? and could cause harm rather than help?

little

Reaction score
there is evidence that topical keto 2% applied ED may have some substantial growth properties, the link to the study can be found a few threads down.

you could probably drop the revita and just stick to keto 2% cream applied after a prewash as the men in the study did. this would save alot money and be most likely as effective.

i say stick to if your scalp can handle it.

also are you using it all over both crown and hairline.

Hairloss_in_bed

Reaction score
my scalp so far is pretty fine with it since i just started the cream a couple of days ago.. and yes i used it on my hairline.... and all over my scalp... i have diffuse thinning....

little

Reaction score
take some pics as a baseline and once every month therafter to acess effectiveness, i am sure there are alot of intrested people.

do you take finasteride with it, as there is some synergy between the two.

rhombus

Reaction score
Hairloss_in_bed said:
Hi i have been using Revita shampoo on a daily basis which contains ketoconazole (1%).. and just a couple of days ago i started nizoral cream ketoconazole (2%) after bathing.

Do you guys think that i am overkilling my scalp with ketoconazole? and could cause harm rather than help?

Hi where did you buy Nizoral Cream????????????
I want to buy it but do not know where

Established Member
Reaction score
ketaconazole is a steroid sythesis inhibitor.
It can inhibit steroid production in the adrenal gland and then in turn effect the production of cortisol... which can be dangerous.
The endocrinologist I visited did not recommend using this too much.... i.e. not to use daily
He said two times a week would be fine as long as it wasn't left on your head for too long...

His words not mine