Out Of Finasteride And Freaking Out

Busboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I’m studying abroad in Austria with only one pill left, I’ll probably cut it in half to stretch it out. I am busy and will only have time to see a general practitioner on Thursday. If I explain my situation will they write a prescription? Getting stressed

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im sure if you tell them you were already prescribed it you will get it. You could have maybe got your previous doctor to write a note or something.

Last edited:

Busboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im sure if you tell them you were already prescribed it you will get it. You could have maybe got your previous doctor to write a note or something.
Hoping being off it for a few days doesn’t trigger any loss

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you've been on it a while I doubt a few days will be enough for DHT levels to rise in a significant way, especially the amount present in your skin tissue.

Busboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw a general practitioner today with a copy of my US prescription. He refused to write me a prescription. Kind of at a loss for what to do.

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw a general practitioner today with a copy of my US prescription. He refused to write me a prescription. Kind of at a loss for what to do.
ARE YOU F'RICKING SERIOUS Same thing happened to me in europe for avodart dutasteride.... Why did he not write a prescription for you???

LastHope123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys.. go to private skin clinics and hair clinics. Dermatologists and private doctors. Don't go to GP's for 5-AR inhibitors. Most of them are too strict when it comes to prescribing off-label, since they don't know a sh*t about androgenic alopecia. Also, money usually settles the arguments.

Busboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys.. go to private skin clinics and hair clinics. Dermatologists and private doctors. Don't go to GP's for 5-AR inhibitors. Most of them are too strict when it comes to prescribing off-label, since they don't know a sh*t about androgenic alopecia. Also, money usually settles the arguments.
Do I need to make an appointment? I waited 3 months for a derm in the States, don’t really want to go that long without the meds.

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just search for the hair clinics and dermatologists near you. I've had do a walk-ins before. I just show the receptionist one of my empty bottles with my ID and just say that I need it refilled. There has been only one time where I had to have the receptionist ask the doctor first and I also make a point that I am going to pay cash for the appointment. Never had a problem but if I did then I would have just went to the next office on my list.

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys, where can one buy finasteride online in EU? there was a lot of websites before, but I kinda don't want to experiment, I need a known source.

thanks

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys, where can one buy finasteride online in EU? there was a lot of websites before, but I kinda don't want to experiment, I need a known source.

thanks
You could try getting it from AllDayChemist if they ship to your country. They are legit and a lot of people on here use them.

LastHope123

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could try getting it from AllDayChemist if they ship to your country. They are legit and a lot of people on here use them.

You risk having it stopped in the customs. Depending on where you live, dutasteride is most likely a medication where a prescription is needed, making it a controlled substance. In the worst case scenario, you might get a fine and have your address flagged by the customs, making it very hard to import something ever again at that address.

There's a multi border operation in several countries targeting illegal distribution of medications online now and then, it's called Operation Pangea. I've heard from some trusted sources I know that legal enforcement may be running Operation Pangea XII right now, and sources of illegal medication has been limited the last weeks (everything from erectil dysfunction medications to anabolic steroids). It is usually run for a few weeks to a couple of months. Being caught importing illegal medications is probably higher now.

As stated in the comments above, you just need to find a doctor who is willing to prescribe dutasteride legally for you. Hair clinics and dermatologists are more likely to prescribe it to you.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You risk having it stopped in the customs. Depending on where you live, dutasteride is most likely a medication where a prescription is needed, making it a controlled substance. In the worst case scenario, you might get a fine and have your address flagged by the customs, making it very hard to import something ever again at that address.

There's a multi border operation in several countries targeting illegal distribution of medications online now and then, it's called Operation Pangea. I've heard from some trusted sources I know that legal enforcement may be running Operation Pangea XII right now, and sources of illegal medication has been limited the last weeks (everything from erectil dysfunction medications to anabolic steroids). It is usually run for a few weeks to a couple of months. Being caught importing illegal medications is probably higher now.

As stated in the comments above, you just need to find a doctor who is willing to prescribe dutasteride legally for you. Hair clinics and dermatologists are more likely to prescribe it to you.
Dutasteride is not a controlled substance here in the UK. It is legal to import prescription drugs into the UK for personal use, as long as you are not importing a controlled substance. I can't speak for other countries though.

I have ordered from AllDayChemist many times in the past without any problems. I recently discovered however, that I can get dutasteride at around the same price from Oxford Online Pharmacy, who are a legitimate and regulated British pharmacy, through their online prescription process. From now on I will be using Oxford Online Pharmacy to obtain my dutasteride. With Oxford Online Pharmacy, there is no possibility that the meds could be fake, which is always a risk when buying from some unregulated overseas pharmacy.

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
Shite, I can't order from alldaychem. to my country (I'm in central-ish EU). Any other online sources?
I found some dutasteride, but from India, and I'm kinda reluctant to order from there...

Filtered

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shite, I can't order from alldaychem. to my country (I'm in central-ish EU). Any other online sources?
I found some dutasteride, but from India, and I'm kinda reluctant to order from there...

Which country you're from?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
In some European countries, I've heard you can just go to a pharmacy and buy it without a prescription.