orenso story(with pic)

orenso

Reaction score
im 26 years old.. start losing hair when i was 21...11 month on propecia ...
i used to put minoxidil on my hairline and temples for a month but than i saw that my hairline and temples getting thinner so i stopped the minoxidil..
those picture take after 10 month on propecia...i dont have pic from the start but all i can say is that my hairline was lower and thicker and temples as well....
i went to my Doctor last week and he said that i should keep take propecia at least 1 year and a half before i give up...and i think that if 11 month didnt achive any remarkable reasults(stop shedding or regrowth)
there is no point to wait another 7 month...

as u can see my hair isnt to bad ...but my selfconfidence go down and all the hair thing bother me all day....

i dont know what to do!!
!
(sorry for writing mistakes english isnt my native language)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
where is the hair loss fool?

orenso

Reaction score
i guess my hair is still in good condition... but every time i pull my fingers on my hair i can see 3 - 4 hairs .... i didnt want to wait so i think i started propecia early but i dont see that the hair loss stopped and every time that im going to my hairdresser i feel that my hairline and temples go back and thiner....

IBM

Reaction score
orenso said:
i guess my hair is still in good condition... but every time i pull my fingers on my hair i can see 3 - 4 hairs .... i didnt want to wait so i think i started propecia early but i dont see that the hair loss stopped and every time that im going to my hairdresser i feel that my hairline and temples go back and thiner....

The first signs of male pattern baldness is that we feel that we're losing our hair but we cant see it on the mirror. You have a slighty frontal thinning.
Do you have tingling sensation on your scalp? It's more oily?

If you have strong feelings that you're loosing your hair start the meds before it's too late. Simply follow your instinct.

orenso

Reaction score
well yeah i do have an oily scalp...and i deffently feel that my hair getting thiner...
but like i said.... im alraedy 11 month on propecia and nothing really happened :(
therefor i dont know if i should keep taking propecia // :freaked2:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
orenso said:
well yeah i do have an oily scalp...and i deffently feel that my hair getting thiner...
but like i said.... im alraedy 11 month on propecia and nothing really happened :(
therefor i dont know if i should keep taking propecia // :freaked2:

at least your maintaining.

antonio666

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
where is the hair loss fool?

look the guy would not be on here if he did not think that is hair was changing so calling him a fool is total unacceptable,his hair does look great at the moment but if he feels it is thinning then he is 100% right in trying to halt the loss now rather than later down the road,this is meant to be a place where we have compassion for each other because we know exactly how it feels to start losing hair

orenso

Reaction score
i didnt take the "fool" thing seriously...because no one ever told me something bad about my hair(accept my mum that actually think im "fool"
beacuse of taking the propecia :lol: )

i know how was my hair line and temples 3 years ago and its deffently not the same its now....
maybe it will take me longer than other guys here to get bald ...
but im pretty shure that my hair getting thinner....

to my q again:
is there any point to keep taking propecia if the hair loss still didnt stop??

RaginDemon

Reaction score
its just a saying, it aint no personal attack.

I am just too used to it...I call everyone "fool" instead of "dude" lol

lilltoolate

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you should follow what you Doctor says. You've been on it for 11 months now. Just give it some more time. What you could gain from it is a lot more that what you could lose.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
lilltoolate said:
I think you should follow what you Doctor says. You've been on it for 11 months now. Just give it some more time. What you could gain from it is a lot more that what you could lose.

exactly my thought...at least you know you are maintaining.

orenso

Reaction score

RaginDemon!
the problem is that i dont feel that im maintaining...
i feel that my front getting worse
thats why i think that im not one of those who good responding to propecia
when i said "nothing really happened" i meant that hair loss didnt stop

RaginDemon

Reaction score
orenso said:

RaginDemon!

have you consulted with a derm yet? done any blood work?

I highly recommand you to do so, that way you can be sure male pattern baldness is the reason of your hair loss. GL man!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
orenso said:

RaginDemon!

have you consulted with a derm yet? done any blood work?

I highly recommand you to do so, that way you can be sure male pattern baldness is the reason of your hair loss. GL man!

orenso

Reaction score
i did consulte with a derm..he told me keep taking propecia another 4 month and then he will decide if its work for me...
im pretty sure its an male pattern baldness thing...my older bro and i got the same pattern of hair loss but both of us have most of the hair

RaginDemon

Reaction score
orenso said:
i did consulte with a derm..he told me keep taking propecia another 4 month and then he will decide if its work for me...
im pretty sure its an male pattern baldness thing...my older bro and i got the same pattern of hair loss but both of us have most of the hair

I personally would follow the suggestion of a derm if I were you.

haggis

Reaction score
you dont have hairloss. get on with your life :roll:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I personally dont think he is balding as well.