Ordering online SUCKS on Hairloss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

extremekicks

Established Member
Reaction score
I went online to order from hairloss talk and as I made my order the confirmation page hung for 4 minutes so I refreshed and it hung another 4 minutes and refreshed again and next thing I know I got 3 orders.

Aint that something? I'm also running a 2.6 Duo Processor with 1 gig of RAM and run a Cable connection.

I called the 800 number and left a nice little voicemail also shot them 2 mails.

I also called my bank and told them to hold the order.

I would appreciate anyone that has any close contacts to call or email these guys and have them contact me ASAP. They just lost a customer in a big way.

I also don’t recommend ordering from these guys at all, my experience has left a bad taste in my mouth and I want people to know what I'm going through.

Disappointed

Brian

Reaction score
Hey man, sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.

Just for future reference, when placing an order (not just here but for any online store), you shouldn't refresh the page not matter how slow it is, otherwise multiple orders may happen (and again, this applies to any online payment on any site).

If it's taking too long, it's best to log out and then see if your order went through (like call your bank or credit card company or if you got a confirmation email or something like that).

Yeah, I know it sucks and is frustrating when waiting for a page to load...

extremekicks

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah well I just want people to be aware of how crappy the ordering of products is on here. But for a confirmation page to run over 4 minutes is poor infrastructure on there database side.

BEWARE

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I went online to order from hairloss talk and as I made my order the confirmation page hung for 4 minutes so I refreshed and it hung another 4 minutes and refreshed again and next thing I know I got 3 orders.

Why would you assume that is a problem at hairloss talk's website or
server? My guess is it was probably not. Now something in their
backend process should have caught the multiple orders but the
original problem more than likely was not on their end. Never
refresh an order page on any site.

A

Administrator

Extreme,

Your 1 Gig of Ram doesn't come into play when you're placing orders on the internet.

Aside from your own internet connection's reliability, there is our server, our store software, the merchant system, and your bank. If any of them fail to respond at any given time, the process can hang. Its not just our server.

We've got about 25,000 customers now and you're the only one who has had a problem like this in the last year. So it was a fluke.

As a side note, if you submit your order three times, you're going to end up with three orders.

I have credited your account for all three orders, and I will ensure your products do not ship. We encourage you to shop elsewhere for your products.

Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.