ordering from dr. lee

dw99

Reaction score
quick question:

when getting your order from dr. lee, does it come in a consipicuos packaging that tells the world "whoever picks up this package is going bald"? before i order, i would like to ensure that there's no chance of embarrassment in the process.

thanks!

dw99

Reaction score
there we go.. finally got that avatar crap sorted out. i can't for the life of me get any image to upload as my avatar under the profile section. the only thing i can do is link to an off-site image.

anyhow, yeah, i'm just looking for some good minoxidil from dr. lee.. none of that stuff that starts with an X. also, which product number of dr. lee's is the famous "quick drying" minoxidil? that's the one i'm looking for.

thanks!

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you want to get #500 from his website. It dries in 2 minutes.

dw99

Reaction score
thanks for the reply techprof. also, does #500 have PPG in it? if so, does the minoxidil without PPG take much longer to dry?

also, does anyone out there have an answer to my initial question?

thanks!

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dw99, you are welcome.
Dr. Lee's package won't say anything about hairloss, balding etc.
Yes #500 has ppg (30%) as opposed to 50% in rogaine.

You can buy non-ppg from Dr. Lee (#530). It never dries. I suggest that you try 500. If it irritates your scalp move to 530.

dw99

Reaction score
techprof, thanks again. i've got one more question (sorry, it just came up):

the generic rogaine at my local grocery strore (HEB in austin, tx) only contains three ingredients (PPG, alcohol, and purified water), just like dr. lee's #500 product. however the concentrations vary a bit between the two:

Generic HEB minoxidil: Alcohol - 63%, PPG - Not Specified, Water - Not Specified

Dr. Lee's minoxidil: Alcohol - 50%, PPG - 30%, Water - 20%

so i bought some of the Generic HEB minoxidil and it actually seemed to dry fairly fast, but it left my hair looking like i had used gel in it... a look that i don't like since my hair is already thin, and using gel even before i had a hair problem made me look like i was balding since it clumps hairs together :(

So my question is, will dr. lee's minoxidil have a "gelling" effect on my hair just like the generic HEB minoxidil since they contain the same three ingredients, or will the difference in concentrations cause it to have a different effect on my hair?

thanks again!

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dw99,
only the vehicle has different percentage of alcohol and ppg. generic minoxidil or rogaine and Dr. Lee's minoxidil contain the same amount of minoxidil (5%). In addition, if you try his minoxidil once, you will never go back.
Dr. Lee's minoxidil does not form a gel. In fact if you use it only the scalp, in 15 minutes, you won't notice a difference at all.
Also, among all the hair loss products sold on the internet, I give Dr. Lee #1 rating in shipping (both the time taken and the cost including packaging).

dw99

Reaction score
thanks again techprof! i wish all questions on this board were answered this effectively.