Ordering direct from China

green1

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone orders direct from China? I placed an inquiry through the 'ali baba' site and had 4 companies send me info and quotes. They seem to supply exactly what I have now, and much cheaper, 89USD. A couple also use Brazilian hair, I'm a westerner, is the Brazilian hair better? (Than indian or Chinese). Thanks.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How would describe your natural hair in fineness and texture?

I take it by "Westerner" you mean Caucasian and more specifically of Western European ancestry not north african, meditterrean. middle eastern or south asian.

My gut feeling is I dont think Brazilian, thai or chinese hair is appropriate as its structure is different.

What about European hair?

Is it a topper or partial front?

green1

Reaction score
top piece, fineness and texture would be light and fine. i use indian at the moment and yes its structure is different and probably looks odd, i can never get it to look natual to my eye. But certainly it appears ok without close inspection.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think Indian hair will be ok if you cant get European hair. As you said at first glance it may look odd to you but to others I doubt they will see any difference. I dont think Brazilian hair will be an improvement in your case. I tend to associate it with women wanting extra thick (afro/euro cross) hair and waves.

I know people that wear a front partial and for them the blend is so important and obvious and they go for European hair. Do any of those that replied supply authentic European Hair?

There are a significant number of firms in China willing to supply, but the biggest problem is wading through the dross to find a good one. That in itself can be an expensive learning process.

green1

Reaction score
Thanks! That helps. Yes heaps of reply's on ali-baba, didn't realize there were so many, but actually only one sent me proper photos of what I had requested and was a 6 year Gold supplier (what ever that means), so will see what they come up with. I would have to say that they are very attentive and willing to answer any questions by next day. Haven't yet seen any who supply Euro hair.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks! That helps. Yes heaps of reply's on ali-baba, didn't realize there were so many, but actually only one sent me proper photos of what I had requested and was a 6 year Gold supplier (what ever that means), so will see what they come up with. I would have to say that they are very attentive and willing to answer any questions by next day. Haven't yet seen any who supply Euro hair.

there is strong competition there and they are good at getting back. its hard to weed them out, but eventually you can wittle them down. Still its not easy to know whats good and dross.

I think gold membership means they have been a member for 6 years, although you can buy membership rather than rated it as with eBay.

I would be really interested if you find a good supplier :)