Oral Vs Topical Minoxidil, Enough Getting To The Follicles?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started taking oral minoxidil about two months ago, at first just 5mg, now im at 10mg and i started shedding mostly at the top of my head. Anyway long story short i have seen no improvement whatsoever, i see lots of people getting results or atleast the beginning of positive results around this mark, there is an especially tough part of my crown which is nearly slick bald that has seen no improvement, maybe im being too impatient but is taking oral really worth it, does it just go systematic without the focal point being the hair on my head? Im also wounding with a dermapen/roller once a week and on dutasteride 0.5mg every second day. I was thinking of lightly dermarolling with topical minoxidil at night but that gave me facial bloating before, i don't get that with 10mg oral taken at night, maybe im just sleeping through the side-effects i don't know. Just a bit fed up tbh, losing hair sucks. I have diffuse thinning all over the top and a bad crown.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically what im asking is if the localized effects on the scalp from topical minoxidil are superior to oral. I only used topical for 3/4 months, then stopped for just over 6 but i think my hair was in better shape than it is now.

reuters

Established Member
Reaction score
it took me 3 months to feel a difference, and 5 months to get a visual difference. jus5 keep up your medication; )

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
it took me 3 months to feel a difference, and 5 months to get a visual difference. jus5 keep up your medication; )

Yeah i plan on just sticking to the oral route, i guess everyone on here can appreciate looking in the mirror daily more times than than i dare to admit checking for changes, it can get you down sometimes and wonder if treatment is working lol I will stick with it for 6 months and see how it goes.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use Oral Minoxidil is brainless, an stupidity :
1) It will not give you better results than topical, cause the amount of minoxidil it will rich the follicle will be significant lower than with topical
2) Will give you side effects.

Vannacci

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the best, 4 drops under the tongue ? Or put 4 drops in water ? CALCUL :

1ml=1000ml (Water)
5% minoxidil=50mg (in 1ml)
We want to take 5mg per day (1/10 of 50mg)
There is 43 drops in 1ML of minoxidil in 1ml of minoxidil :
1/10 x 43 = 4 drops

So 4 drops of kirkland minoxidil = 5mg minoxidil :)

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Use Oral Minoxidil is brainless, an stupidity :
1) It will not give you better results than topical, cause the amount of minoxidil it will rich the follicle will be significant lower than with topical
2) Will give you side effects.

If one doesn’t possess enough sufficient quantities of the minoxidil enzyme sulfotransferase then what?

I’ve taken topical for 10 months, may as well have been putting sugar water on my head.

If it works, it seems to work well. Happy for you that topical helps you but it doesn’t do a lot for many.

Last edited:

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the best, 4 drops under the tongue ? Or put 4 drops in water ? CALCUL :

1ml=1000ml (Water)
5% minoxidil=50mg (in 1ml)
We want to take 5mg per day (1/10 of 50mg)
There is 43 drops in 1ML of minoxidil in 1ml of minoxidil :
1/10 x 43 = 4 drops

So 4 drops of kirkland minoxidil = 5mg minoxidil :)

Lol, in clinical trials , 30 years ago, patience with hipertension saw res
If one doesn’t possess enough sufficient quantities of the minoxidil enzyme sulfotransferase then what?

I’ve taken topical for 10 months, may as well have been putting sugar water on my head.

If it works, it seems to work well. Happy for you that topical helps you but it doesn’t do a lot for many.
enzyme sulfotransferase will be need it , don't matter if you use it oral way or topical , the minoxidil is not the active drug .

Vannacci

My Regimen
Reaction score

enzyme sulfotransferase will be need it , don't matter if you use it oral way or topical , the minoxidil is not the active drug .

What is the link with what I said ?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

You are telling " topical don't do for many " meaning ? oral do for the rest ? What is your problem dude ? instead of dislike what about argument it ?! And if you judge the topical route cause one drug, man, you are fucked.

Vannacci

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are telling " topical don't do for many " meaning ? oral do for the rest ? What is your problem dude ? instead of dislike what about argument it ?! And if you judge the topical route cause one drug, man, you are fucked.

Lol you have to learn to learn, I never said that Topical doesn't work I just made a calcul about how much minoxidil do you have in 1ml and I ask for advices ... so ur fucked :)

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

While that is true, oral minoxidil finds usually enough targets to turn into minoxidil sulfate.
Alternatively, ppl can inject minoxidil sulfate, it is harder to get but still cheap.

Maverick91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could say the same to you, came over to my thread and disliked my experience of a hair transplant, if you got a problem you should share your thoughts. Thanks..