Oral minoxidl for hair loss - is this right medication?

Km82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Before I start taking it, is this the correct medication?

Appreciate doses vary and was going to start on 1.25mg

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20220301_221942.jpg
    IMG_20220301_221942.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20220301_221934.jpg
    IMG_20220301_221934.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 118

dodgePT

My Regimen
Reaction score
You won't be taking any risks with 1.25mg.
I take 10 times that dosage daily and I'm 47 yo.

Get ready to become a furry animal because it'll act much faster on your body hair before it does on your scalp.
I never had hair on my back and now its covered in peach fuzz. Chest, legs, arms, the back of your hands will show the side effects of this drug when taken orally. It's that strong.

My sideburns started connecting with my eyebrows and I find myself shaving those hairs around my eye orbits, those that make you look like a monkey.

Just don't expect instant results, like those bullshit "1 month minoxidil miraculous results" you see on the internet. Those are nothing but misleading testimonies of people looking for attention and using click baits to get some.
Hair needs time to grow, depending on the damage, sometimes many cycles are needed to get decent results.
So, take your pills and re-evaluate in a year or so, you might notice some thickening at first, but those palpable results, those that everyone notices at the naked eye, need much more time and dedication.

Good luck on your endeavour, you'll need it. But above all, you need persistence, dedication and patience.

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score

Get ready to become a furry animal because it'll act much faster on your body hair before it does on your scalp.
I never had hair on my back and now its covered in peach fuzz. Chest, legs, arms, the back of your hands will show the side effects of this drug when taken orally. It's that strong.

My sideburns started connecting with my eyebrows and I find myself shaving those hairs around my eye orbits, those that make you look like a monkey.

Just don't expect instant results, like those bullshit "1 month minoxidil miraculous results" you see on the internet. Those are nothing but misleading testimonies of people looking for attention and using click baits to get some.
Hair needs time to grow, depending on the damage, sometimes many cycles are needed to get decent results.
So, take your pills and re-evaluate in a year or so, you might notice some thickening at first, but those palpable results, those that everyone notices at the naked eye, need much more time and dedication.

Good luck on your endeavour, you'll need it. But above all, you need persistence, dedication and patience.
25599.gif

BaldFalcon15

My Regimen
Reaction score
is it true that the risk of any side effects at 1.25MG - 2.5MG are low low? I was started at 0.625 and the highest i want to go is 2.5 (hoping to do 1.25 only once a day)

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Lol bro u take 30mg day ur even crazier than me. i used to take 20 and 25mg now i reduced to like 13mg day. Due to face puffyness mostly. Ur crazy.

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is it true that the risk of any side effects at 1.25MG - 2.5MG are low low? I was started at 0.625 and the highest i want to go is 2.5 (hoping to do 1.25 only once a day)
I get sides from 1.25mg.
I get sides from topical as well, so take that for what you want.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get sides from 1.25mg.
I get sides from topical as well, so take that for what you want.
I think the severity of your side effects indicates how sensitive your body is to it and potentially how well it would work.

BaldFalcon15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been taking 0.625 now for a few weeks and so far nothing... i did notice my weight went up but I'm not sure if that's my eating so I'm monitoring it. I have an appointment on March 28th with my Dr to see if my blood pressure remained the same and discuss upping the dose. I think I'll stick at 1.25 only if i continue because I don't want to go too high

dodgePT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol bro u take 30mg day ur even crazier than me. i used to take 20 and 25mg now i reduced to like 13mg day. Due to face puffyness mostly. Ur crazy.
No mate, I take around 10 or 12 mg, hence the 10 times the op's dosage (1.25*10). It's hard to grasp how much I take because I eyeball it with the dropper. And yes, I take the liquid version, much cheaper and effects are the same I guess.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
No mate, I take around 10 or 12 mg, hence the 10 times the op's dosage (1.25*10). It's hard to grasp how much I take because I eyeball it with the dropper. And yes, I take the liquid version, much cheaper and effects are the same I guess.
Says 15mg oral min x2 daily. On ur regiment.

dodgePT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Says 15mg oral min x2 daily. On ur regiment.
You're right, I forgot to update it.

Currently I take around 12mg, because I started to have water retention, mainly on my feet.
10 to 12mg is the sweet spot for me

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im with my friend drinking and soon gonna vape some weed. Wish you were here slaphead ur a chill dude.
You seem like someone I could hang with too. We need more people like you on these forums. Yeah, we troll a bit, but we help people just as much too. And we don’t troll anyone who doesn’t deserve it