Oral Minoxidil With Propanolol Ok Ok

HairlessApe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everytime I try minoxidil I get an accelerated heart rate. I take Proponalol for anxiety and am interested in possible taking it with minoxidil. Im just worried about taking the two together especially with no blood pressure issues. Especially with potentially taking them long term. Anybody use the two? Anybody use anything else to combat sides?

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it advisable to take finastride in anxiety because the brain chemicals are already messed up. Can finastride further aggravate brain chemistry?

ButWhyTho

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Heart palpitations with minoxidil is usually dose dependent. So you can first try to reduce your dose of it and then increase to therapeutic levels once your body has developed tolerance.
Minoxidil and Propranolol are both prescribed as anti hypertensive medications. So you should monitor your blood pressure when taking both. However there probably won't be much of an interaction if taken at appropriate dosage.
Further I believe minoxdil is usually given in conjunction with beta blockers for their synergistic effect.
Source: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1524-6175.2004.03585.x