Oral Minoxidil, Topical Finasteride 2 Year Constant Shed

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started shedding fast at age 40 with crazy crazy dense hair. 2 years later in oral Minoxidil and topical Finasteride there has been no slow or change in the shed. If I stroke my hair (horseshoe) I end up with 6-10 hairs. I could do this all day and yield 1000+ hairs. I’m careful. The hair has changed from dark and healthy to thin and awful.

Is this maybe a result of the oral minoxidil?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it's the oral minoxidil, i had a shed when first starting it and another about 7 months in but currently im hardly shedding any hair. I don't think it's normal to shed everyday as much as you. Why are you using topical finasteride? did you get sides from oral?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I’m trying to determine if the Minoxidil is a non factor. I had sides both times I tried Propecia, second time I was dosing at .25 same deal. Topical .5 is most likely not even worth the effort. Working on Lipsomal at 2.5. But I just hit a year and my hair feels like doll hair from the thickest black hair you could image two years ago. I try to be grateful that it started late, but damn it’s hard to watch it go so fast despite every effort and $.