Oral Minoxidil Option If Topical Minoxidil Doesn't Work?

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been applying a form of minoxidil (currently on Dualgen-15) topically for the past 17 years. It's not regrowing any hair but I think it may be helping to slow down my hair loss - see picture. I'm also taking finasteride (Proscar) daily over the same period.

I want to add to my regimen to see if I can stop further hair loss and have some regrowth. I was thinking of adding oral minoxidil but my question is - if topical minoxidil isn't effective in regrowing your hair, does that mean that oral minoxidil will also be ineffective?

Attachments

• IMG_9610.JPG
    IMG_9610.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 2,144

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
17 years of finasteride and min and you end up with a crown like that f*****g brutal.

I can't say much about oral min myself. Some do swear by it, however.

Have you not considered a hair transplant?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am unsure if oral Minoxidil would be enough to recover the crown if Finasteride and Minoxidil are not working for you. You can certainly try it, 5mg 2x daily. Also can think about Duasteride or adding derma rolling in--even though the study for dermarolling and Minoxidil was amazing I have yet to see people having such glowing responses.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am unsure if oral Minoxidil would be enough to recover the crown if Finasteride and Minoxidil are not working for you. You can certainly try it, 5mg 2x daily. Also can think about Duasteride or adding derma rolling in--even though the study for dermarolling and Minoxidil was amazing I have yet to see people having such glowing responses.

Check out @Somebody thread

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
17 years of finasteride and min and you end up with a crown like that f*****g brutal.

I can't say much about oral min myself. Some do swear by it, however.

Have you not considered a hair transplant?
Yes, I am seriously considering a hair transplant. But, I'm trying to use other options first to stop or at least slow down my hair loss.

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried dutasteride for around 12 months but I saw no improvement so I just stuck with the Proscar. I think I will try oral minoxidil.