Oral Minoxidil once or twice a day?

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For people that have had success with the this treatment: do you take it once or twice a day, and at which dosage?

Half-Life of minoxidil is said to be 4 hours, and I found this graph which shows that the plasma concentration diminishes within a few hours. However, I get the feeling that most people on the treatment are actually just taking it once a day and yet still seeing results.

Minoxidil pharmacokinetics.png

Reference:

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take it once a day. I just pop a 10mg at night

Grim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much body hair have you grown using oral? What do your arms and legs look like now?
I've gotten alot more chest hair, my arms and legs have thickened a little bit but its more so that there's more hair than there was before.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting bit of research I cam across:
"There appears to be a dissociation between the peak plasma concentration and the antihypertensive response owing to the fact that minoxidil rapidly leaves the plasma on its way to the principal site of action, that is, the vascular smooth-muscle receptor site."

They're talking about blood pressure but there could be some analog to min's hair growth effect. Even if the plasma concentration has reduced, minoxidil could still be promoting hair growth because the min is already working at the hair-site and no longer in the bloodstream. That's why oral min once a day could still work.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
The cardiac effects of oral minoxidil last 72 hours or something, don't know how that correlates to its effects on hair but i would say once a day over twice a day.