Oral Minoxidil/Loniten and high cholesterol

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced high or raised cholesterol from using oral Minoxidil/Loniten?

I just got my labs back and my cholesterol is high for the first time ever. I have been ingesting topical Minoxidil for the past 8 months or so.

I am 56 and I do have a family history of high cholesterol and I do eat a ton of bad food (lots of eggs, cheese, processed foods, treats, etc.).

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced high or raised cholesterol from using oral Minoxidil/Loniten?

I just got my labs back and my cholesterol is high for the first time ever. I have been ingesting topical Minoxidil for the past 8 months or so.

I am 56 and I do have a family history of high cholesterol and I do eat a ton of bad food (lots of eggs, cheese, processed foods, treats, etc.).
Bro have u noticed a slight bloated face and more pronounced dark circles?

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Using it is very hard on my face (not that I am some chad to begin with) but it definitely causes water retention and makes my undereye bags worse. Haven't noticed it causing any other changes to my face other than causing whiskers to grow above the beard line and around my eyes.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The study involved ingestion of 20 mL of the 5% solution -- way, way more than I am consuming. 20 mL is a third of a entire bottle. It has taken 6 months to consume less than that. I am consuming 5 drops twice a day. The refractory shock was due to the overdose of Minoxidil, not the alcohol or propylene glycol carriers.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
The study involved ingestion of 20 mL of the 5% solution -- way, way more than I am consuming. 20 mL is a third of a entire bottle. It has taken 6 months to consume less than that. I am consuming 5 drops twice a day. The refractory shock was due to the overdose of Minoxidil, not the alcohol or propylene glycol carriers.
What study Ingested 20ML ru high on weed? That dose would kill you.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

WARNINGS LONITEN Tablets contain the powerful antihypertensive agent, minoxidil, which may produce serious adverse effects. It can cause pericardial effusion, occasionally progressing to tamponade, and angina pectoris may be exacerbated. LONITEN should be reserved for hypertensive patients who do not respond adequately to maximum therapeutic doses of a diuretic and two other antihypertensive agents.

In experimental animals, minoxidil caused several kinds of myocardial lesions as well as other adverse cardiac effects (see Cardiac Lesions in Animals).

LONITEN must be administered under close supervision, usually concomitantly with therapeutic doses of a beta-adrenergic blocking agent to prevent tachycardia and increased myocardial workload. It must also usually be given with a diuretic, frequently one acting in the ascending limb of the loop of Henle, to prevent serious fluid accumulation. Patients with malignant hypertension and those already receiving guanethidine (see WARNINGS) should be hospitalized when LONITEN is first administered so that they can be monitored to avoid too rapid, or large orthostatic, decreases in blood pressure.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
WARNINGS LONITEN Tablets contain the powerful antihypertensive agent, minoxidil, which may produce serious adverse effects. It can cause pericardial effusion, occasionally progressing to tamponade, and angina pectoris may be exacerbated. LONITEN should be reserved for hypertensive patients who do not respond adequately to maximum therapeutic doses of a diuretic and two other antihypertensive agents.

In experimental animals, minoxidil caused several kinds of myocardial lesions as well as other adverse cardiac effects (see Cardiac Lesions in Animals).

LONITEN must be administered under close supervision, usually concomitantly with therapeutic doses of a beta-adrenergic blocking agent to prevent tachycardia and increased myocardial workload. It must also usually be given with a diuretic, frequently one acting in the ascending limb of the loop of Henle, to prevent serious fluid accumulation. Patients with malignant hypertension and those already receiving guanethidine (see WARNINGS) should be hospitalized when LONITEN is first administered so that they can be monitored to avoid too rapid, or large orthostatic, decreases in blood pressure.
Thank you. I mean it.

Ajamilo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Lumalux: Do you feel facial aging because of the loniten? Got a lot of acnes after i started with oral and that is 8 months ago

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say the water retention causes my eye bags to get worse. I have not seen anything else like acne.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Ur delusional.