Oral Minoxidil (Loninten) 5.mg shed: need help

Ests13

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So, I started taking loniten 5mg (1pill a day) on March 30th, the first two weeks I hadn’t noticed any change at all, but three days ago I noticed that my shedding has increased a little bit, going from 40-50 hairs to 90-100. Is it normal?
I’ve also been using topical Minoxidil 5% since March 2019 and I’m a good responder but I don’t remember going through a shed.

Keep in mind that I’ve been taking dutasteride 0.5 eod since 17th February and spironolactone 100mg since December.

Should I be worried?

Ests13

My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously a shed is a sign that it's working. I'd be more worried about not getting a shed. Just pull through.
Of course I know, but I thought I wouldn’t get it since I didn’t with the topical one! Let’s hope for the best. Thank you!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course I know, but I thought I wouldn’t get it since I didn’t with the topical one! Let’s hope for the best. Thank you!
The owner of the site wrote a great article about shedding being positive. He recommends Keto and a shampoo like Selsun Blue to lessen shedding while you ride it out. If you stop, you will be back at square one but maybe topical was enough for you already.

Ests13

My Regimen
Reaction score
The owner of the site wrote a great article about shedding being positive. He recommends Keto and a shampoo like Selsun Blue to lessen shedding while you ride it out. If you stop, you will be back at square one but maybe topical was enough for you already.
So nizoral should be supposed to help during the shedding phase(?) anyway, I haven’t stopped using topical ‘cause I did once and it was a disaster, so I’m using both: mino 5% and loniten 5mg. once a day

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So nizoral should be supposed to help during the shedding phase(?) anyway, I haven’t stopped using topical ‘cause I did once and it was a disaster, so I’m using both: mino 5% and loniten 5mg. once a day
That's exactly what my protocol is in addiction to HRT. Maybe try going down to 2.5 mg of oral for now. Titrating upwards slowly is likely to be helpful.