Oral minoxidil for runners/those with low resting heart rate? What was your experience?

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m considering asking my dermatologist for an oral minoxidil prescription. I’m a little hesitant given its reputation, but I’ve been on finasteride for years without issue (totally different medication, I know, but it has its own scary side effects).

I’m a long-distance runner and have a very low resting heart rate in the 40-50 range (normal for runners). I’m curious anyone who has taken oral min been in the same boat. I know fast heartbeat seems to be a recurring side effect mentioned here, so I was curious if anyone with low resting heart rates had experienced different side effects.

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean if you are healthy person, If I were you i would be much more concern about drop in blood pressure with oral minoxidil but only IF your BP is already to low.

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as I know my blood pressure has always been in the normal range. My heart rate is the only thing that runs low.

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is a medication used to treat hair loss, it's important to understand that it's a prescription medication and should only be taken under the guidance of a qualified healthcare professional. This is especially crucial for individuals with specific health conditions or risk factors, including runners and those with a low resting heart rate.

Remember:
  • Do not self-medicate with oral minoxidil. It's a prescription medication that should only be used under the supervision of a qualified healthcare professional.
  • Consult your doctor to discuss your hair loss concerns and explore safe and appropriate treatment options that best suit your individual needs and health profile.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Is finasteride getting less effective for you? Or are you just trying to boost your results?

willwork4pizza

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Trying to boost my results:

IMG_0944.jpeg
IMG_0952.jpeg
IMG_0957.jpeg
IMG_0955.jpeg
IMG_0958.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0960.jpeg
    IMG_0960.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 24

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering asking my dermatologist for oral minoxidil, but hesitant due to its reputation and potential side effects. As a long-distance runner with a low resting heart rate (40-50 range) – normal for runners – I'm curious if others with similar profiles have taken oral minoxidil and experienced different side effects. For further information and insights on medication options, you can explore BidRx.com. Any insights appreciated!

Last edited:

Arthurandsam

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi my bpm is 44 and I got anormal decrease of my renal flow rate using oral minoxidil but dont know if it's related to my low bpm.
My bpm also down to 41 and blood pressure also diminish
As I got also aritmya (only when doing cardio) I stopped and my flow rate went to normal after quitting
I was using 1mg daily