Oral Minoxidil Effects On Under Eye Bags And Fluid

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know a lot of you are now on oral minoxidil and I’m curious as to how many are using it with a diuretic. I was one of those who thought they would not get the eye swelling side most get and holy hell, I was dead wrong.

I’ve been on furosemide now for almost a month and it has ZERO effect on the swelling under my eyes. My skin is so drawn from the fluid that I look ten years older.

Can someone who has mitigated this side speak up about what they have done?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you get puffy uppereylid from it? did you get unwanted body hair or dark circle too?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I only tried hydrochlorothiazide and sprionolactone with oral minoxidil, 2.5 mg. The latter worked better for me. I didn't see any of the ankle edema and face effects were better than without anything at all, but still not a perfect fix.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I only tried hydrochlorothiazide and sprionolactone with oral minoxidil, 2.5 mg. The latter worked better for me. I didn't see any of the ankle edema and face effects were better than without anything at all, but still not a perfect fix.
I still cannot take it daily as I have a slew of other issues from oral min, but its one of the only drugs that works for me

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score

I can’t mess around with spironolactone. I was on it for a little over a month last winter and I had an allergic reaction to it. Rashes all over my body. I may try a stronger diuretic, but I’ve been in contact with dr path from Thailand and he said that his patients do well on 20mg of furosemide.. I’m on 60mg and still getting destroyed.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
you get puffy uppereylid from it? did you get unwanted body hair or dark circle too?

I get swelling above and below my eyes, as in, my eye lids and my lower eye bag area. I have seen darkening under my eyes as well from minoxidil, but I think it’s related to how much fluid has built up there.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did not get that much fluid under eyes with oral minoxidil but i did get wrinkles under eyes

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I put on like 11lbs of water weight on 10mg oral minoxidil when i wasn't using spironolactone, other than that no issues with my face, eyes etc I do have some wrinkles under my eyes but that was from retin-a use not oral min.

Last edited: