Oral minoxidil : dry eye side effect ?

Damien52

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to switch from topical minoxidil to oral minoxidil but before that I would like to make sure that there are no side effects on the eyes, more particularly on dry eyes. My concern may seem strange but I prefer to take all my precautions, I have severe dry eye that I don't want to get worse

Thank in advance for your return

Damien

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to switch from topical minoxidil to oral minoxidil but before that I would like to make sure that there are no side effects on the eyes, more particularly on dry eyes. My concern may seem strange but I prefer to take all my precautions, I have severe dry eye that I don't want to get worse

Thank in advance for your return

Damien
Why is your eyes dry?

Damien52

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was taking an acne treatment: roacuttane and since then my eyes are dry. So with Oral minoxdil I want to be sure before to start this one.
Thank you
Icône de validation par la communauté

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was taking an acne treatment: roacuttane and since then my eyes are dry. So with Oral minoxdil I want to be sure before to start this one.
Thank you
View attachment 176565
I had very dry eyes from Accutane which eventually went away after stopping the drug. I have not had any recurrence now that I am on oral min.

Nodonor2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have eye irritation that started around month 2 or 3 from oral minoxidil I'm on around 4.5 months now it's in my left eye feels like my eyelashes are rubbing my eye ball in the left side corner
Or sand in my eye only the left it comes and goes depending on how busy I am .so if I'm not thinking about it my eye feels perfect ,but if I start thinking wow my eye is feeling better then bam the irritation in the left eye comes back.not sure if placibo or what but its weird as hell,

Last edited: