Oral min and oral castor oil only? Possible treatment?

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I do these, would they possibly be a treatment that treats male pattern baldness without a 5ARi? I understand they don’t fight the androgens, but you’d think that the androgens can’t suffocate the hair follicles if they have growth promoters out the ***. I was thinking of using 2.5 mg/day oral min, and 3 ml/day of oral castor oil. Thoughts?

edit: The reason that I think this would work is simply because, finasteride does not even block all DHT. So clearly there’s a point where your follicle is screwed, but it can handle a little bit. So wouldn’t it stand to reason that if your follicles were significantly promoted to grow, DHT wouldn’t have its effect? So either block most DHT, or optimize growth and render DHT weak. Thanks

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I do these, would they possibly be a treatment that treats male pattern baldness without a 5ARi? I understand they don’t fight the androgens, but you’d think that the androgens can’t suffocate the hair follicles if they have growth promoters out the ***. I was thinking of using 2.5 mg/day oral min, and 3 ml/day of oral castor oil. Thoughts?

edit: The reason that I think this would work is simply because, finasteride does not even block all DHT. So clearly there’s a point where your follicle is screwed, but it can handle a little bit. So wouldn’t it stand to reason that if your follicles were significantly promoted to grow, DHT wouldn’t have its effect? So either block most DHT, or optimize growth and render DHT weak. Thanks
Why not all three? I mean if you’re going all out with oral min, finasteride doesn’t seem too much of a problem to add. I think it really depends on aggressiveness of the hair loss. I’d say if our experienced hair loss before your twenties this wouldn’t work and you need more power in your treatments.

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not all three? I mean if you’re going all out with oral min, finasteride doesn’t seem too much of a problem to add. I think it really depends on aggressiveness of the hair loss. I’d say if our experienced hair loss before your twenties this wouldn’t work and you need more power in your treatments.
Worried about beard development. Beard is not finished developing.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
because there isn't a controversy regarding the lasting side effects over oral min

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
because there isn't a controversy regarding the lasting side effects over oral min
I see you’re on oral castor oil, can you give me some info on that? How long have you been taking it and does it have an effect? Is that all you take/do aside from dermarolling? (I know that’s what your regime says but sometimes people forget to update).

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see you’re on oral castor oil, can you give me some info on that? How long have you been taking it and does it have an effect? Is that all you take/do aside from dermarolling? (I know that’s what your regime says but sometimes people forget to update).
I have to use it very sparingly since it irritates my stomach - so far i have only lost ground unfortunately.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can use minoxidil on your beard to grow it if you want

I heard people do that a lot - do you know if that lasts? I can see people going through the hassle of applying min for scalp hear everyday - but who tf wants to apply min to their beard for the rest of their lives

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think there needs to be some sacrifice since dht is too aggressive against the follicles. Gotta weigh up the chances to try it or accept balding

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to use it very sparingly since it irritates my stomach - so far i have only lost ground unfortunately.
Damn that sucks. Do you think it could be a strong mono therapy though?
I heard people do that a lot - do you know if that lasts? I can see people going through the hassle of applying min for scalp hear everyday - but who tf wants to apply min to their beard for the rest of their lives
Once the hairs turn terminal, you can stop. I’ve heard about minoxbeard but it sounds like a pain. This whole situation sucks so I want to spend as little time (ie a pill) as possible messing with it lol

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol take me with you

So I think my hairloss may have started around 19 but I’m almost 24 now and it’s not *terrible*. Receding hairline and possibly thinning crown, maybe cowlick. Do you think this combo I mentioned will work without finasteride? Maybe ten years possibly? 2.5 mg/day OM and 3 ml/day oral castor oil.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I think my hairloss may have started around 19 but I’m almost 24 now and it’s not *terrible*. Receding hairline and possibly thinning crown, maybe cowlick. Do you think this combo I mentioned will work?
I think it’ll thicken your crown up but I think overtime, maybe in a couple of years, you’ll progress towards whoever you inherited your balding from. Like your dad or grandpa. Since it’s like the growth effect from both will eventually be overtaken by age related thinning/male pattern baldness. This will give you at least two good years I’d say unless you’re a super responder.

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it’ll thicken your crown up but I think overtime, maybe in a couple of years, you’ll progress towards whoever you inherited your balding from. Like your dad or grandpa. Since it’s like the growth effect from both will eventually be overtaken by age related thinning/male pattern baldness. This will give you at least two good years I’d say unless you’re a super responder.
So it’s not a bad idea though? To do these items for two years and thin hop on finasteride, and continue the other two as well? Or is it dumb?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
So it’s not a bad idea though? To do these items for two years and thin hop on finasteride, and continue the other two as well? Or is it dumb?
It’s much better than doing nothing until finasteride. You’re worried about beard development right? Let me tell you, being bald is worse than having no beard. So take that as you will

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s much better than doing nothing until finasteride. You’re worried about beard development right? Let me tell you, being bald is worse than having no beard. So take that as you will
Yeah I want to make sure the beard hairs will develop as they naturally would. New ones are popping up still so it’s definitely not done developing. A lot of people think it’s done during early 20’s, but that doesn’t seem to be the case from my research. Do you think oral min (2.5 mg 1x/day) and oral castor oil (3ml/day) will make the beard finish developing by 2 years from now?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I want to make sure the beard hairs will develop as they naturally would. New ones are popping up still so it’s definitely not done developing. A lot of people think it’s done during early 20’s, but that doesn’t seem to be the case from my research. Do you think oral min (2.5 mg 1x/day) and oral castor oil (3ml/day) will make the beard finish developing by 2 years from now?
Beards sometimes take a while to completely finish development. For me i still grew beard hair when I was 24. But I think it’s pretty much done now at 25. I think you’re probably close to done too. If you don’t notice any major difference in like 6 months, start finasteride. But for now take oral min and castor oil if you want to see more hair growth

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Beards sometimes take a while to completely finish development. For me i still grew beard hair when I was 24. But I think it’s pretty much done now at 25. I think you’re probably close to done too. If you don’t notice any major difference in like 6 months, start finasteride. But for now take oral min and castor oil if you want to see more hair growth
Sounds good, thanks man!
Are you on min only? That’s what your regime says.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds good, thanks man!
Are you on min only? That’s what your regime says.
Yeah I’m on minoxidil only. Well unless you want to count the huge amount of supplements plus oils I use too. I’ve recently been taking oral castor oil as well to see if it can help.

the funny thing is my beard definitely got gains from minoxidil but I’m not sure how much from natural development vs minoxidil. I guess if I stopped using it then maybe I’ll find out?