******** or Feriduni for FUE?

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive recently had consultations with Dr ******** and Dr Feriduni for a small FUE session to restore my hairline this year. I have been researching both for a long while and I cannot make my mind up which one to go with.

Feriduni seems more prepared to lower hairlines and close temples than ******** who appears instinctively more conservative. As an NW2 approaching 30 and destined for an NW3 within a few years, the idea of getting that hairline as far away from my crown as feasibly possible and filling in those temples is incredibly tempting, thus Feriduni appeals. However I cant help but think that should I get to 60 then the ******** approach may be better... Were not talking Almarni agressive, but a good centimeter lower all around.

One other observation is that to me it appears that Feriduni gets a little more bang for his buck in terms of grafts from pictures Ive seen. This also seemed to be born out when he proposed i required several hundred less grafts than ********. Less grafts, less money, lower hairline, temples closed, the temptation is clear, but most times if something is too good to be true it is, or is Feriduni just that good?!

I would appreciate any input, especially if you have had surgery with either of these dr's but also if not, Im keen for any help.

Much appreciated.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cheers for your reply Ben, I must admit I was hoping to pick your brain a bit. I had an online consult with Feriduni and met ******** in person, so obviously this is comparing apples with oranges. At the meeting I had with ******** he basically said that the hairline he suggested is the one I should go with and when I asked about the possibility of lowering a fraction and closing the temples a little more I was told bad idea, not in a nasty way, but was advising me as to why it was unwise so to speak. I was generally pleased but im a perfectionist by nature and i felt there could be a little more improvement. I dont mean to sound disparaging of him, he was very friendly, but I would say he was assertive that I shouldnt close the temples or lower at all, whereas Feriduni said to me, you can either reinforce what youve got (same as ********), or we can take an ever so slightly less conservative approach and extend into these areas etc. I must admit i foolishly did not ask what the density would be, however my understanding is that the density would be the same if the hairline was merely refinforced or lowered by feriduni as he would add more grafts to do this but obviously i cant compare what feriduni thinks is necessary with what ******** does.

Ever since I cant stop looking and comparing the hairlines of both doctors and i began to think....I think I might just prefer Feridunis hairlines... I wonder if thats enough of a reason to schedule my hair transplant with him baring in mind there is a barley negligible difference between the quality of the two drs and I havent met him yet, so then whether or not I should meet him to consult in person but then thats time and money etc.

Thats why im keen for any input no matter how trivial... Id love to hear what peoples thoughts on either of them are. How comes your gut took you to Feriduni Ben?

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is very interesting that Mick would say that, I also noticed a thread where Janna from Shapiro medical group said of feriduni that that he was a very understanding man and was passionate about doing a good job for each patient. She said he reminded her of the doctors she worked for and that is praise indeed as.

I like your analogy about the paintings, thats a great way of putting it. Thanks for your input, its very helpful.

Sharpe

Reaction score
Just an anecdote. Today I went and had my Day 1 follow up with Dr Feriduni and all was well, but I wasn't surprised as the clinic's performance has been absolutely beyond my expectations, 10/10. More to the point, the anecdote is that Dr Feriduni mentioned he wouldn't be there the following day as he was traveling to Frankfurt. I asked what for out of curiosity and he modestly told me he was going to do a free hair transplant for a young girl who's head had been badly burned causing sever hair loss. Apparently it's a regular commitment of his to do free operations for those who need them due to extenuating circumstances and don't have funding to pay out of pocket. I don't know about you but in my book that says a lot about him. From what I can tell he's one of the most ethical, modest, professional, artistic, doctors in this business, if not the best. The problem is that he's so good that he's booked solid until February 2015... I think well worth the wait. That being said I talked to Spex and he got me in on an earlier appointment due to a cancellation.