Optimal bonding for lace front hairlines

noblesources

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Those who use lace fronts, what do you use for bonding?

I have a lace front unit. Tape in the back with poly and lace works great. I have not had any lifts since wearing for two weeks. However my hairline situation is just a bad time and wonder how people handle lace hairlines.

Water based adhesives like ghost bond seems to be preferable but since they're water based, taking a shower or sweating just makes them lift. Seems to be better for poly front units cause showers don't penetrate the poly like they do lace. Every time I shower the hair line lifts.

Acrylic based adhesives, seems to be really rough for lace. Seems to really stick lace down but also wears out lace systems a lot faster when cleaning up cause of how strong it is.

The last option that I know of is tape which is the direction I am heading towards right now. Tape is acrylic if I understand correctly and not water based so it stays for a fair amount of time even with sweat and showers and the clean up is easy, if it lifts it's very easy to clean and does not wear out the system cause its not your standard glue. The downside is that it is more noticeable than glue and is slightly detectable.

Honestly it seems like it's just best to wear the hair slightly forward and use tape for lace front cause glue is a b**ch to deal with, showers make white/water bonds like ghost bond pretty much useless, and acrylic bonds like walkers ultra hold just kill the system.

I feel like for my next system that poly front is just the best way to go -- use ultra hold acrylic adhesive for a strong bond and it should not harm the system cause it is poly.

On a slightly related side note, with how delicate lace is and how glue kills lace where it would not for poly, and how hairs can just come up from under the lace base, I don't really understand why poly is considered to only last 1-3 months and Lace 4-6?