Opinions on my hairilne guys? (pics included)

itsjack1995

Reaction score
hey guys, noticed receding probably around 2 years ago, i am 19 nearly 20 now. I don't have a problem with going bald to be honest but i just don't want to go bald when i am young, like in my 20s for example. What Norwood do you think i am and should i go on anything?

http://imgur.com/a/6UN6V

BeardedOne

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, weigh up your options but you should look into combining finasteride & rogaine, but really do your research and make sure it's right for you first. I'd say you are about NW2 and I'd imagine nobody around you even notices it (but your own critical eye), but yeah the combination of the above would probably do enough to keep your hair much longer. They say early treatment is the best 'cure'.

Anyway, look into it.

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks perfectly alright for now and the only reason I kind of notice it is because you told us about it. As for anybody else; I'm pretty sure they would never even give a second thought to you going bald. It looks to be a norwood 1.5 but maybe its just a maturing hairline that's gonna stay put, who knows. Lots of dudes I know went through the same thing and have still kept the same amount of hair 5 years later. See if it gets worse in the coming months before you jump on treatments (a drastic step to take that should be well-thought out since it entails a lifetime commitment) because even if it is male pattern baldness then you're in the very earliest stages with plenty of time ahead to act. Whatever happens you're one of the lucky ones on the forum.

Illu2ion

Established Member
Reaction score
You're about a NW2 indeed, so no need to panic. However, look closely at your hair line. Do you see those miniaturised hairs in the first row? That's a sign something is going on.

I'd visit a dermatologist who knows something about hair loss (hint: not every derm does, unfortunately). To be honest, I'd start with finasteride and minoxidil already if I were you, because prevention is better (far more achievable in this era) than trying to regrow your hair.