online dating - what not to do?

CCS

Reaction score
If you got to drive 4 hours to meet her, you better either have time off from work, or she better think that is enough and that you don't owe her more. Sometimes you drive 4 hours, and she is not home or gave you her neighbors address accross the street so she can watch and laugh. Who knows though. Don't give her your address or what kind of car you drive. But yeah, I say meet people in person before you hear their life story online. Some people just want pin pals and use "dating" as a way to hook you so you will talk to them.

If I liked small towns, I'd move to a city, meet a woman, and then move back to the small town with her. That is what most people do. They raise kids in a small town or suburb, and then move back to city afterwards. College people usually live in cities. That is where the apartments, jobs, and people are. If you are 23 and in a ghost town your life will not be fun unless you are the only guy and there is a hottie there with you.

ali777

Reaction score
You are reading too much into it....

She might turn out to be a nice girl, you never know. She sounds like someone who deserves a chance.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
I've met plenty of women via online dating sites. Personally I've never had a bad experience. My advice is to meet her as soon as you know you're interested and have the chance, don't put it off. You never know if you're actually attracted to her until you meet her in person...there's no point in delaying the initial meeting. And you're way overanalyzing the situation...I suggest you arrange to meet her if you're actually interested in her.

HughJass

Reaction score
askas said:
Another thing: when saying bye she called me "santa claus". What the hell is that suppose to mean? That I'm a stupid present-giver? Another meaning could be (in our language) is "somebody who says strange things", bu this is less probable.

She's probably a presentmuncher.

I haven't met a girl who wasn't a presentmuncher. They just love them.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
You sould deffinitely go and see her. She sounds very interested in you. You shouldn't worry about being bald because some young girls like it! Even if she lives 4 hours away - so what? My gf lives 2 hours away and I try see her every weekend and after 6 months its still going strong :punk:

The Gardener

Reaction score
howtonotfailatlifepn3he9.png