Onion Juice And Sulphur Deficiency. Is It Possible?

Anamika

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was last year in school when my hair started falling. Now I'm about to complete my college and hairfall is still the same. Amount and pattern of hairfall keeps varying. Initially I used home remedy of applying curd and onion juice. It did help but due to the need of regular application, I stopped using it. About a year back i got dandruff as well. Oiling makes hairfall even worse. Nothing but onion juice works with me. But it stinks a lot and effect is short lived. If i don't apply it for a week hairfall is back.

So if only onion juice treats the hairfall is it possible that i am sulphur deficient?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was last year in school when my hair started falling. Now I'm about to complete my college and hairfall is still the same. Amount and pattern of hairfall keeps varying. Initially I used home remedy of applying curd and onion juice. It did help but due to the need of regular application, I stopped using it. About a year back i got dandruff as well. Oiling makes hairfall even worse. Nothing but onion juice works with me. But it stinks a lot and effect is short lived. If i don't apply it for a week hairfall is back.

So if only onion juice treats the hairfall is it possible that i am sulphur deficient?

Most likely, the only effect of the onion juice is to use up your time and money and to make you smell bad. If you did have sulfur deficiency, it would make sense to eat onions, but not to apply them topically. In that situation you would likely have multiple symptoms of sulfur deficiency, rather than only having hair loss.

If you're serious about fighting hair loss, and if you indeed have male pattern baldness, start with the following in some reasonable combination:

Finasteride / Dutasteride / RU 58841
Minoxidil
Nizoral
Hair transplant

Anamika

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most likely, the only effect of the onion juice is to use up your time and money and to make you smell bad. If you did have sulfur deficiency, it would make sense to eat onions, but not to apply them topically. In that situation you would likely have multiple symptoms of sulfur deficiency, rather than only having hair loss.

If you're serious about fighting hair loss, and if you indeed have male pattern baldness, start with the following in some reasonable combination:

Finasteride / Dutasteride / RU 58841
Minoxidil
Nizoral
Hair transplant
What is male pattern baldness? Also I'm not really going bald right now.. But i may in near future. Hairfall increases or decreases in parts of scalp.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is male pattern baldness? Also I'm not really going bald right now.. But i may in near future. Hairfall increases or decreases in parts of scalp.

I think that you might get more constructive feedback from the forum if you post some recent photos of your scalp, and a comparison pic or two from when you were 15.

Male pattern baldness occurs when your hair follicles are somehow sensitive to dihydrotestosterone, in a process not currently understood. Overtime your hair follicles will shrink and go to a coma, leading to a barren crown, a receded hairline, diffuse thinning, possibly eventually converging to a horseshoe.