Ongoing Shedding/shedding Cycles On Minoxidil?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Having endured the initiation Telogen Effluvium in May, I started to see some thickening in the fall. Four months later I’m enduring a new round of shedding.

Unlike the first Telogen Effluvium, where 90% of the hair was thick and healthy the new hairs are thinner and range in length, some very short.

Can anyone explain what’s good/bad about this shedding? Is the promise of better hair returning realistic?

I’m on oral 1.25 per day, Keto, LLT and just started 320 Saw Palmetto (Probably no impact)

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Having endured the initiation Telogen Effluvium in May, I started to see some thickening in the fall. Four months later I’m enduring a new round of shedding.

Unlike the first Telogen Effluvium, where 90% of the hair was thick and healthy the new hairs are thinner and range in length, some very short.

Can anyone explain what’s good/bad about this shedding? Is the promise of better hair returning realistic?

I’m on oral 1.25 per day, Keto, LLT and just started 320 Saw Palmetto (Probably no impact)
Been on topical and oral minoxidil since the end of 2015 and I get recurrent growth/recession and/or dormancy phases. My hairline will overgrow to an insane level for a few months, then it’s like my hair just stops growing and I get thinning and unnatural recession for a few months. Overall, my hair has only gotten thinner and thinner. minoxidil has a tendency to synchronise hair growth cycles. I have noticed that there is no real fluctuation in my normal hair loss daily which is anywhere from 8-150, just that some months the hair just.. doesn’t grow. It’s sh*t, because it leaves you with very few options if you need it to regrow any sort of hair at all.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
The part no one very mentioned before I started was:

‘Minoxidil only grows cosmetically viable hair in 10% of patients’

Is this true of Finasteride ‘regrowth’ are the retained hairs also thinner?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
The part no one very mentioned before I started was:

‘Minoxidil only grows cosmetically viable hair in 10% of patients’

Is this true of Finasteride ‘regrowth’ are the retained hairs also thinner?
I can’t say much about finasteride because I’ve nevee used it and only myself just started using avodart. Minoxidil is certainly not a cure. It may slow down the process, and you may get some regrowth in places, but it’s not going to halt the process of thinning or loss.