One Year Results On Finastride (16 Months On Minoxidil)

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
E52E6B0E-C8B2-42DE-9483-EEDDC564F273.jpeg 66599453-9DE3-4CB4-B72C-66D958D09C8D.jpeg 2DC9AE47-FE73-447B-BA44-1F7D7DFF665C.jpeg So I have been on propecia for officially one year as of today; I don’t think I have missed a single day. I also have been on Rogaine for a year and half....I don’t think I had any results when I took Minoxidil alone. First and foremost I realize my hairloss wasn’t bad to begin with. My hairloss was around my hairline only; it was starting to recede and thin.

This post is for myself to continue to monitor my progress. It takes a long time for this crap to work but it does work.

First pic is from when I had been on propecia for like 2 months (taken inside)

Other pics are from today (outside)

Once again I realize that my hairloss wasn’t significant to begin with but I can say without a doubt it is way thicker and healthier today than it was a year ago.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking great indeed. Did you see things getting worse before it began to improve? Im aproaching the ninth month and i think im still getting worse

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking great indeed. Did you see things getting worse before it began to improve? Im aproaching the ninth month and i think im still getting worse

Oh yea....about 3 months in I thought I had made the worst mistake of my life....it has gotten a lot better for me in the last month or so.....I wouldn’t put a timetable on your results....the best thing to do is just get a regime that works for you and stick to....also give it some time...at least two years in my opinion

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 70721 View attachment 70719 View attachment 70722 So I have been on propecia for officially one year as of today; I don’t think I have missed a single day. I also have been on Rogaine for a year and half....I don’t think I had any results when I took Minoxidil alone. First and foremost I realize my hairloss wasn’t bad to begin with. My hairloss was around my hairline only; it was starting to recede and thin.

This post is for myself to continue to monitor my progress. It takes a long time for this crap to work but it does work.

First pic is from when I had been on propecia for like 2 months (taken inside)

Other pics are from today (outside)

Once again I realize that my hairloss wasn’t significant to begin with but I can say without a doubt it is way thicker and healthier today than it was a year ago.

Great job!

Just goes to show, Minoxidil in combination with Propecia = GREAT RESULTS.

Man jumped down at least one to two Norwood levels!

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great job!

Just goes to show, Minoxidil in combination with Propecia = GREAT RESULTS.

Man jumped down at least one to two Norwood levels!

Thanks man.....a lot of trial and error but I have found a regime that seems to be working

I tried some different stuff with my Rogaine....I tried to use both the foam all over and then the liquid on my hairline only and I ended up making my hairline worse so I dropped the liquid and I am just using the foam and it got better

I think dermarolling really helped. I wasn’t consistent with it until the last two months and it has definitely helped my hair. I hate doing it because it hurts but it works. I apply enough pressure to make my scalp red and it usually causes very small abrasions..this is gross but I can feel and hear the needles puncturing the skin....I do it probably 5 times a week.

Other stuff I have done that I’m sure didn’t make me grow more hair but probably helped make the hair I have healthier is change my diet. I stopped drinking diet soda and stopped using artificial sweeteners. I also switched to eating eggs for breakfast instead of cereal.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yea....about 3 months in I thought I had made the worst mistake of my life....it has gotten a lot better for me in the last month or so.....I wouldn’t put a timetable on your results....the best thing to do is just get a regime that works for you and stick to....also give it some time...at least two years in my opinion

Thanks for the reply. But at nine months I think I should've at least stabilized. Maybe I will wait three more months and then jump to dutasteride.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man.....a lot of trial and error but I have found a regime that seems to be working

I tried some different stuff with my Rogaine....I tried to use both the foam all over and then the liquid on my hairline only and I ended up making my hairline worse so I dropped the liquid and I am just using the foam and it got better

I think dermarolling really helped. I wasn’t consistent with it until the last two months and it has definitely helped my hair. I hate doing it because it hurts but it works. I apply enough pressure to make my scalp red and it usually causes very small abrasions..this is gross but I can feel and hear the needles puncturing the skin....I do it probably 5 times a week.

Other stuff I have done that I’m sure didn’t make me grow more hair but probably helped make the hair I have healthier is change my diet. I stopped drinking diet soda and stopped using artificial sweeteners. I also switched to eating eggs for breakfast instead of cereal.

I should try dermarolling. I never did it before, but I think that was a mistake on my part.

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. But at nine months I think I should've at least stabilized. Maybe I will wait three more months and then jump to dutasteride.

That sounds like a good plan....make sure you take pics to monitor....it’s hard to tell if it’s doing anything without photos to compare in my opinion

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
I should try dermarolling. I never did it before, but I think that was a mistake on my part.

I think it really helps....it hurts a lot in my opinion but it’s worth it...it’s weird...I apply Minoxidil right after and I notice that more hair comes out than when I apply Minoxidil alone....but at the same time hairs are growing back in thicker

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking great

Does it sting when u apply minoxidil foam after dermarolling?

Do u roll in all directions? Do u only roll on hairline?

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking great

Does it sting when u apply minoxidil foam after dermarolling?

Do u roll in all directions? Do u only roll on hairline?

It stings a little bit....what really hurts is the actual rolling....my eyes water and it makes me sneeze too.....I roll all over my head but I spend extra time on my hairline because it was my problem area

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures when I began treatment. Recently I went to see a dermatologist and he took some pictures of my hair, but I don't have any pics to compare. Though I know I'm still loosing.

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures when I began treatment. Recently I went to see a dermatologist and he took some pictures of my hair, but I don't have any pics to compare. Though I know I'm still loosing.

I’m sorry that you are still losing ground....hairloss sucks so bad....I hope you are able to get it under control soon......I didn’t notice a big difference until month 10 or 11

Needmorehair11

My Regimen
Reaction score
8A739B4C-5070-4595-B217-5D1622D254A1.jpeg
89F8262A-BEA5-4E21-B8AD-FC6885E90628.jpeg
D002740D-3556-4F59-A665-613838BFF5F8.jpeg
I’m Almost 14 months on Finastride and my hair continues to improve. I recently switched to a 0.5 mm dermaroller and it works a lot better for me other than that I’m sticking to the same regimen

Reactions: Oro